No announcement yet.

Well I have got XER ***T at last!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also going for some new front seats originally thought of Recaro Pole Positions but after some searching around I have ordered these

I like em and I think they will suit the car however they will be all black but I am looking at getting the RS2000 logo embroidered into the back of the seats
    Lord Lucan

Rather push a Ford than Drive a Vauxhall

RSOC Member: 25467

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

mint seats

Comment

thanks matey loads more to come watch this space when they get delivered I will post up some pics of it all
        Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

very nice,comin togther

found a old pic of your mk2 the other day,

Comment

nice one Tim need pics like this to keep me motivated as it is the lul b4 the storm as soon as the parts arrive I will be out in that garage as much as her indoors will allow really am excited now that I have begun ordering parts.

I also have a set of Ghia clocks that I am going to butcher having dismantled them and removed the old rev counter, speedo and temp/fuel gauge I am wondering if I can fit the following in it:

1) Elliot 100mm 0-8000 Rev counter
            2) CAI 100mm 180mph speedo
            3) CAI 52mm oil pressure/water temp gauge

In place of the original equipment as these will be a little more accurate and then I am looking at placing the VDO Fuel gauge in the place of the clock. Has anyone ever done any of the above I know the speedo & rev counter holes are 95mm so a little fettling and they should fit anyone got any advice or guidance on this??
            Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

The tank you have ordered can take the ford sender unit as Burton sell them with that option.

Thinking of one for mine.

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

if you want some more clocks to tinker with ive got 2 set in bits,think 1 set might be rs

Comment

Originally posted by hotrs2000 View Post
                  The tank you have ordered can take the ford sender unit as Burton sell them with that option.

Thinking of one for mine.
                  I have gone for the full monty Kieron one with the VDO sender

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  if you want some more clocks to tinker with ive got 2 set in bits,think 1 set might be rs
                  Nice one Tim just dismantled the Ghia ones will cut out the face plate and put in a piece of ally so it will take the 2 100mm Elliot rev counter and CAI Speedo then in the middle I will put a oil pressure/water temp dual gauge
                  Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

nice stuff Simon,
                    you gonna be busy over the next fer weeks, keep the pics coming,

cheeRS
                    sigpic

Comment

here you go Graham found a bit of time to snap a few of here you go some pics of the fire wall removed & battery tray out

Next to be relocated is the fuel pump and the fuel filter/regulator

and some other new stuff just arrived in the post
                      this ITG air Filter was hard to find not many peeps stock em nowadays

Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

Tim think I may just fit 80mm clocks and plate the face with some anodised ali saves a lot of fiddling around dont it if I go this route unless anyone knows where I can get a plate already made up maybe Spec R can do something anyone else got any ideas?
                        Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

hi simon,

give Alimax a call ref any ally stuff, they can do it to suit,

good to see you are progressing well with the car,

cheeRS
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post
                            hi simon,

give Alimax a call ref any ally stuff, they can do it to suit,

good to see you are progressing well with the car,

cheeRS
                            Cheers Graham but not really got to go bonkers on getting my hands dirty as the shell is in extremely good nick thanks to Robin really caring for the car there are a few bits and bobs I got to do a few dents a small bit of paint but other than that it is assembly so really i suppose I am very lucky.

Thanks for the tip as I will ask if they can make me up a plate that will fit and take 2 80mm clocks (speedo & Rev counter) and 1 52mm duel water temp & oil Pressure guage this will save me alot of fiddling around then I need to mount my new fuel guage I will probably replace the clock tbh as I have a watch on me wrist and a fuel gauge is more important IMO
                            Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Lucan View Post
                              I will probably replace the clock tbh as I have a watch on me wrist and a fuel gauge is more important IMO

lol

cheeRS
                              sigpic

Comment

well got more time now to spend on my pride and joy now also need a new camera thanks to my boys covering it in ketchup and hiding it for a week well solid and all gunked up
                                Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

Working...
                                X