No announcement yet.

Nearly ready...looking good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think ders with give a good account of himself in concourse.

i think all you guys the tread the concourse stage derseve a medal just for your hard work and the endless miles you must clock up travelling to shows.

Comment

Stuff that concours lark lets track them Neil!

glad you kicked turbo ass on Sunday, XPT was looking cleaner than ever.

Paul - I would bring it to croft but i dont have a concours log book yet so no point in trailering it down if i cant show it.

CheeRS Ders.

Comment

Ders...finally getting to see it!!!...looking good. Did you stall til Saturday so I wouldnt see it at John's? When are you taking it somewhere? I will never be seen in the company of either you or John...mine is really scabby now after seeing yours...need to start tidying it up.

Comment

Malky as soon as its ready i will be out and about any dry day..maybe even a wee jaunt down to Inverkip!

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

Ders....dont go to Inverkip..I moved to Gourock 2 years ago!!!....give me a beel sometime and pop down....my wife would be shocked to see what a shiny RS looked like!!!

Comment

looking very nice ders u coming to croft with it then love to c it
              cheeRS ROB
              MK11 MEMBER 252

Comment

Hi Rob,
                not sure if it will be ready in time, not much to do..but no time to do it!
                I will be there anyway to watch you hit the track in yours!
                cheeRS Ders.

Comment

ders,

what is the underside done with? Paint over underseal, clear underseal over paint? original? Done yourself? Taken back to bare metal first? Any details would be most appreciated as it is the kind of look I'd like on my (non-concourse) project.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Dasadrew,
                    The underside had the original factory bodyshutz on the outside of the chassis rails to the sills, and under the innerwings/wings. Inside the chassis and all round the tunnel, right back to the boot floor was factory primer. The bodyshutz was removed with a mixture of WD40/ cellulose thinners and a scraper. The original primer was cleaned but left on. All this was then etch primed, then bodyshutz, then two pack paint(ici) and laquer. I have also waxoiled inside the chassis rails with a long nozzle spray gun/hose. A rollover jig is essential for this to be done properly in my opinion.
                    CheeRS Ders.

Comment

Thanks a lot ders! It's now confirmed the route I was thinking of taking. I probably will not bother with the lacquer as my car's never gonna be concours. I've also found an Unterbodenschutz that you can mix body colour into so that stone chips don't show up - although this might be a mixed blessing as it might be more useful to know where the stone chips are!

Thank heaven you said that you left the body primer untouched (that sort of speckly zinc colour dusting, I presume) as this means one less thankless task for me.

Thanks for your car providing the shining light and challenge for others!

Comment

Working...
                      X