No announcement yet.

Started at Last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all. Just done the os floor and inner sill. Now on with the inner petrol tank well. Will post some pictures in the next couple of days. Then onto the drivers a post and kick panel and under wing pan kit (both sides) Just getting a bit bored with welding and cutting.....Looks like its going to be the lakes 2010.
    Andy

Comment

• Originally posted by andym View Post
      Hi all. Just done the os floor and inner sill. Now on with the inner petrol tank well. Will post some pictures in the next couple of days. Then onto the drivers a post and kick panel and under wing pan kit (both sides) Just getting a bit bored with welding and cutting.....Looks like its going to be the lakes 2010.

Hi Andy,
      I'm welding in the exact same area as you at the moment . Drivers rear arch , wheel house and tank well. Do Hadrian do the inner tank well repair panel or is it expressed steel again? My Hadrian supplier over here said they weren't available???
      What are the two little tabs on the inner wheel house for, either side of the bump stop? mine have desceased with rot so will have to fabricate them.

Cheers
      Robert
      sigpic

Comment

• Hi Robert. The little tabs are to just location tabs ( i think) But the other side is bent over, onto the inner wheel arch ...Got my inner tank off ebay, thick metal and is a good fit. Just a little bit of bending...50% of the inner tank welded in now..It was the fastest panel fitted. Just hope the a post goes that fast.. Have you got any pictures..
        Andy

Comment

• Originally posted by andym View Post
          Hi Robert. The little tabs are to just location tabs ( i think) But the other side is bent over, onto the inner wheel arch ...Got my inner tank off ebay, thick metal and is a good fit. Just a little bit of bending...50% of the inner tank welded in now..It was the fastest panel fitted. Just hope the a post goes that fast.. Have you got any pictures..
          none recent ,must take a few more when I finish the drivers side and post them.

Robert
          sigpic

Comment

• Hi Andy, I have just looked at this thread now and I feel very humble when I look at the amount of work you are doing on this car. I see you have a nice collection of parts to go on which will make it a great car when you have finished.

Keep the excellent work going, I'm enjoying this thread.

Tim.

Comment

• Hi Tim, Thank for that. Finished the tank well of today. Will post some pictures soon, when i get my main pc back. Just trying to get the underside done. Then it will feel like i am getting some were.
              Andy

Comment

• was thinking the same as you Tim ,that Andys done a tremendous job and the quality of welding looks spot on ,I think others would have given up ,so good on ya Andy mate ,how things anyhow are you still busy was going to PM you but been busy lately

Comment

• Thanks Iain. Doing the house at the moment... but fitting the car in when i can.. Just feels like i have got a lot done in the past couple of weeks. Just hope it carries on like that... Need a lot more parts yet Just cant wait till the lakes next year..you never know it maybe there this year...

ON A FLATBED TRUCK
                  Andy

Comment

• first time i have seen this thread, looking good, keep the pics coming!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Its that time again, More pictures... The first couple are of the petrol tankwell that is now finished.

This is of the back panel, Needs welding. Now thats a surprize.....

now just a couple of the under side.

and the last one. some of the new parts. The trouble is there are boxs everywere with parts in, garage, kitchen, bedroom, in my van. The problem is every time the wife opens a drawer, cupboard, more boxes full out..then its how much is this shed costing.. she said to the lad last week, given the chance she would sell it for a tenner..my lad said i will give you a tenner, its worth loads..not bad he's ten years old.........told her, had the car longer than her so its not the car that would be going....tea times are fun at the moment

Thats it for now folks. Back panel and then onto the a post, kick panel on the drivers side....how many months...cant wait for the lakes, that will give me some more drive....
                      Andy

Comment

• [....

thank god for blue marker pens,you could never find the rust again without them,lovely job buddy,shes looking well keep at it
                        we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

• Hi Andy,

It's been a while..........looks like things have moved on a huge amount with your RS.

Looks like we're in the same boat - Lakes 2010 for me as well .
                          sigpic

Comment

• Thanks lads. Steve your should be done in two months....I saw the pictures on the other site looking good.

Graham how far off is yours off.......

Done the back panel tonight...will post some pics in the next day or two...
                            Andy

Comment

• Just a couple more. The rear panel, Before and after shots.

Then the rear wheel arch. Still need a bit more work. The rear chassis as been sorted so have the extra gearbox holes. Some work to do on the lower bulk head and then a post. The car will be under sealed in 4 weeks....with a bit of luck........

Andy

Comment

• Most of the jobs have been done, so time for the A post and drivers side kick panel.

Finished the a post and cut the kick panel out last night. When i have fitted the kick panel i will post some more pictures.
                                Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X