Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking good Andy

Comment

• Must be slower in my old age Got on to page three... Lots done, heater bowl repaired/ bulk head. Painted striped of the drivers side qtr and nearly done the boot. Dont think am going to make the lakes in 2009, more like 2010.

And the drivers side qtr waiting for some paint.

Got some more new bits... I will post a pic next time. Rear fog light, Battery bolt of Joe, Airfilter box, One alloy.

comments welcome.
      Andy

Comment

• nice work andy,repairs look A1 .top job.if we both keep at it they should be ready early 2012.hows the racing going buddy,done a 5 hour run on a borrowed ktm 450 the other day,cant move my legs and my backs killing, did enjoy it mind.
        we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

• Hi Graham. Don't know when the car will be done. But i know its getting cold outside....Racing is going well Its the last one next week and at the moment leading the championship. So should win again, not bad twice in three years. But this is my last year. ..so will be good to finish on a win. . Dont want to stop.. but cost, health,ect. But will give me some money to finish the car....and thanks for your comment.....
          Andy

Comment

• Well thats 12 months gone..... Will post some pics in the next couple of days. Been working on the boot area, couple more hours and that will all be stripped and have a coat of primer on. Then the shell will be fully stripped and a thin coat of primer on. Then back to the welding.
            Andy

Comment

• Just a couple of pictures to keep you all updated.

First the boot.

The last pic is under the tank well that needs replacing.

Now for some of the bits.....

Thanks for looking.
              Andy

Comment

• Nice one andy

Comment

• Thanks Joe, The pic's are a bit small this time. Sorry lads.
                  Andy

Comment

• looking good andy,its all starting to come together now, keep at it mate.
                    we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

• Andy you can send some of the bits to me you got my address starting to come together light at the end of the tunnel now mate lokking nice

Comment

• Well.. were did the last few months go. Yes over 2 months and slipped back to page 5, Can't have that. Well started on the car again today. Cot the rear arch out and the rear qtr well and just welded a new inner lip on the arch. Hopefully will get this sorted by the weekend. The wifes away so, lots of hours on the car this weekend. Here are one or two pics to keep you going.

Just a bit of welding to do......and a hole

see you Sunday
                        Andy

Comment

• I dont know how ive missed this thread but she's looking good m8, keep going your making head way
                          sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for that.. Just a few more pictures. Didn't get that much done on the RS, my freelander broke down on friday night so ended up doing that most of the weekend.

Now the hole as gone.....

Not bad. Both need a bit more work, when it comes to the bodywork prep. Hopefully the new inner sill and inner tank well will be here this week.
                            To all the other doing their cars up, Keeping going lads...The nice weather will be here soon...
                            Andy

Comment

• just been through this thread from the start, nice work there andy, coming along nicely, any detailed pics of your repairs around the heater bowl? i cant imagine that would be an easy place to fix

Comment

• Hi Lee. Can take some more pic's if you need some. It did take time to shape the metal...started with thin card to get the shape and then moved to metal..the bit thats was cut out changed shape.. That was just a ruff hole to start with then cut out more to find/ get the best place to weld/bend. Glad you enjoyed the thread.
                                Thanks.
                                Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X