Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started building my rs2000 this year! It will be ready one day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lovlee job there

bet you are really pleased

Comment

oooooooo love that aled, keep up the good work

Comment

looks very nice !

the white colour is sooo beautiful. what is it ?
        Did you use the same white for the engine bay/inside/bottom as the for the outside ?

Comment

lookin stunning there

Comment

Diamond white 2k, same colour all round! Dad wants the car out of his messy garage!

Comment

Hope to get the engine and box in this weekend!
              Burton Stage 3 unleaded head with 44.5 mm inlet valves 38.1 mm exhaust valves, BF63 Race Sprint cam,ported,polished,skimmed,port matched,11-1 compression ratio,ally vernier pully,ally rocker cover,Magnacore competition leads,twin 45 webber carbs,trumpets,ITG air filter,Ashley 4into 2into 1 2 1/4 inch exhaust manifold.
              Vulcan 205 block bored to 2.1 with Hepalite pistons,decked, new core plugs,ARP bolts,lightened and balanced everything,aluminium flywheel,AP paddle competition cluth,high pressure oil pump,de vaced tuned distributer,high output coil!
              new 5 speed tran-x gear box
              Attached Files

Comment

Engine and box in! Dad happy to see the car proges!

Comment

i like that manifold m8.... .....how is the rest of the car coming on...?
                  sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

fitted front suspension and the struts are about 2 inches to far forward! doesn't look that the twin cam anti roll bar will do the job! Picking monte carlo calipers, disks and Grp 4 alloy hubs tomorrow!

Comment

not to sure about twincam roll bars...?...
                      sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000&MEXICO View Post
                        not to sure about twincam roll bars...?...
                        Twink roll bar is the kiddie, says as much in the blue bible. Gives you more castor and therefore less understeer

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
                          Twink roll bar is the kiddie, says as much in the blue bible. Gives you more castor and therefore less understeer
                          but how does it fit if it's taken the wheels out by 2 inches........?
                          i nave never fitted one....but i have one for my mk1
                          sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000&MEXICO View Post
                            but how does it fit if it's taken the wheels out by 2 inches........?
                            i nave never fitted one....but i have one for my mk1
                            There's something amiss there, as far as I've read it, Aled's problem was that the struts were too far forward, irrespective of the roll bar.

I used a Mk1 RSII bar on my Sport, worked spot on.

Don't know how Aled has verified his is from a Twink

Comment

Been talking with mark solloway from historic rally sport today! twin cam anti roll bar does not fit with out modifing your arches, said it pulls the struts 2 inches forward for better castor! Had a new rs anti roll bar now

Comment

Originally posted by aled rs2000 View Post
                                Been talking with mark solloway from historic rally sport today! twin cam anti roll bar does not fit with out modifing your arches, said it pulls the struts 2 inches forward for better castor! Had a new rs anti roll bar now
                                Ooops!, made a boo boo, as I said I had a Mk1 RSII bar on my Sport, and this worked a treat.

Here a Copy from the blue bible:

4.9. DOUBLE ANTI-ROLL BAR MOUNTS
                                To stop those expensive McPherson units flapping in the breeze, a
                                production Mk I Mexico/RS2000 anti-roll bar, finis code 905 2549 (this
                                is a mainstream part, not an RS part, ie, you can ask any Ford Dealer
                                to order you one) should be clamped to the body via the RS Parts twin
                                roll bar mounting kit, finis code 905 1304. These really do need to be
                                beefed up because they provide the fore and aft location of the front
                                struts as well as acting as the anti-roll bar mount. If the standard
                                brackets are used, you'll find the constant pounding and dropping wheels
                                into holes on the inside of corners will squash out the standard rubber.
                                The bracket then bends with the resulting loads, and the tracking changes
                                at will.

Comment

Working...
                                X