• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep the pics rolling in,

cheeRS
    sigpic

Comment

Ok here we go lovely day to pick the RS up from down the road at Bishop Auckland car was on the trailer with no cover to let everyone see it chuffed to bits,

All of a sudden kid come up on the inside of our car as we were indicating to pull over into the inside lane, he shot forward and told us to drop our window, so i did, he said what you doin with the car, i said why, he replied do you want to sell it, i said just picked up, sorry, he must of followed us as he turned around at the next roundabout and headed back. On the road everyone looking at the iconic stature whooh

Anyway heres some pics from today! hope you like...... don't know were to start LOl

CheeRS Daz

Comment

nice find, just down the road from me, any pix of enginebay
        sigpic
        rsoc no 12036

Comment

Originally posted by dasadrew View Post
          Car looks very straight. Shame that the outer wing's been butchered. Trim looks to be in excellent condition.

Should it be a cause for concern that the chassis id plate is missing?
          Being a post 80 car the VIN plate will be the "fat" type which was fitted to the O/S/F inner wing and as the wing has been worked on it's rather a reason not to be concerned

Comment

Originally posted by monkeybiker View Post
            nice find, just down the road from me, any pix of enginebay
            Hi M8 if you go to my first page, engine pics on there, when i bought it 3months ago,

what car have you got? colour

Daz

Comment

I take it that as it's on a V plate it is actually a post '80? Jan' 80=> I mean

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
                I take it that as it's on a V plate it is actually a post '80? Jan' 80=> I mean
                Hi M8 no concern as i have the said item got it today with the car, but thanks as b4 i didn't know where it was or even had a one as there is one on the front slam pan, but now have sice learned it is a GCAT number thanks tho.

CheeRS Daz

Comment

doesn't look to bad bet your glad to finally get your hands on it and itching to get started on it

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by marky4 View Post
                    doesn't look to bad bet your glad to finally get your hands on it and itching to get started on it

good luck
                    Hi M8,Thanks

Yeah i am but, probably just like others when starting something like this don't know what level to take the car too.
                    Guy i bought it off said every nut and bolt need taken off and start there, but don't know whether to just make it really nice, but usable, he also said he would get rid of the sunroof.

Goin to clean the crap off tomorrow, and see what its like wi
                    l'll post some more pics on when its cleaned up.

Comment

looks nice daz giz a buzz if you need out

Comment

Originally posted by gary goldsmith View Post
                        looks nice daz giz a buzz if you need out
                        CheeRS Gaz will do!

Comment

Hi, Just an update for anyone interested, got car back Saturday had a bit play Sunday to see what it unearthed after touching it went to hospital to get a tetanus

Heres the pics

Floor seams solid

Blew all the engine bay out to get rid of the chicken shit.

Insy winsy's house in the door

Spare wheel well seams good.

Before the clean

Boot contents

Spare nosecone

Anyone know the car this reg was from.

Anyone know this person on the RSOC.

Boot carpet needs a clean, even something metal actually stuck to it, i thought it was meant to be attached at first LOL

Well thats all folks

Comment

looks even better, a quick blast and paint and you'll be driving it in no time

Comment

doesnt look too bad at all that. good luck.
                              😯

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop View Post
                                looks even better, a quick blast and paint and you'll be driving it in no time
                                I wish thinking of taken everything off and going for it LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X