• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no everyones elses are!
    Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

• Originally posted by DazRS2K View Post
      Evening all, well done some more graft this weekend, heres a few pics!

Firstly the bottom of the windscreen channel was cut away to rid the rot, flange showing is the dashboard lip.

Next i fabricated two 90 degree channel sections.

Next the two sections were offered up.

Then tacked into place.

When happy, it was fully welded up.

The weld was then ground back and dressed, and a coat of acid etch primer applied to keep the steel protected.

Finally a big thanks to Ruddy for the advise on this part of the job, as this was a bit of a challenge.

Cheers

Daz
      just caught up with this part of the resto,had same type of repair to do on my mex but not as bad,its a tough job but thats some repair buddy ,real credit to you ,top work.
      we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

• lookin good daz , doin a black rs at the mo its gone in exactly the same places as yours (screen,bubble,fuse box) good work matey

Comment

• Originally posted by enduro View Post
          just caught up with this part of the resto,had same type of repair to do on my mex but not as bad,its a tough job but thats some repair buddy ,real credit to you ,top work.
          Originally posted by mexicostids View Post
          lookin good daz , doin a black rs at the mo its gone in exactly the same places as yours (screen,bubble,fuse box) good work matey
          CheeRS Lads, hope the pics help in some way! giz a shout if you need to ask anything about these repairs ive done, and i'll try and help

Comment

• This is an awesome Thread, I have seen parts of a MK2 I never knew existed. You are doing a great job and I can only pay homage to your stirling efforts.

Please keep the photo's and story going ... and one day you will be posting pictures of the finish article. One thing, you will then have so much extra time on your hands, what ya going to do ... I know get another one or a MK1 and start again !!! LoL
            sigpic
            Aus
            RSOC 13589
            MK1 Mexico
            Mk6 RS2000

Comment

• Originally posted by Ausman View Post
              This is an awesome Thread, I have seen parts of a MK2 I never knew existed. You are doing a great job and I can only pay homage to your stirling efforts.

Please keep the photo's and story going ... and one day you will be posting pictures of the finish article. One thing, you will then have so much extra time on your hands, what ya going to do ... I know get another one or a MK1 and start again !!! LoL
              Cheers

Comment

• hey des any more progress???

Comment

• yeah lark

Comment

• Originally posted by taffr View Post
                    hey des any more progress???
                    LOl, yeah a bit, never worked on it for weeks to busy doin other things a little update: got a donor inner wing, been sorting the back part where it was cut from the car, also holes on the tops appears to have two id plates there once as this was out of an Australian car.
                    Just took hold of a nice donor roof to get rid of the sunroof, and a spit for when its readt to spin.
                    Just got hold of some nice flaps and a geniune Ford rad cowl panel, or aye and some headlight gasket seals. Thats a bout it at the mo, think the next job is the inner, so i'll post some pics soon.

Daz/Des

Comment

• Originally posted by DazRS2K View Post
                      LOl, yeah a bit, never worked on it for weeks to busy doin other things a little update: got a donor inner wing, been sorting the back part where it was cut from the car, also holes on the tops appears to have two id plates there once as this was out of an Australian car.
                      Just took hold of a nice donor roof to get rid of the sunroof, and a spit for when its readt to spin.
                      Just got hold of some nice flaps and a geniune Ford rad cowl panel, or aye and some headlight gasket seals. Thats a bout it at the mo, think the next job is the inner, so i'll post some pics soon.

Daz/Des
                      need more pics soon as i'm using this thread for reference

Comment

• Was just looking through this thread. Excellent work.Hope to restore mine to this standard someday .
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hi All, I'm Back never done nothing for ages on the RS due to other stuff so i thought i'll get back into it. Just a couple of pics from today not much but focused for tomorrow and will post some more pics.

Radiator support panel removed for the new one to go in tomorrow.

NOS Ford original panel mocked up for replacement. Needs a bit of cleaning and primer. Then the donor inner wing will be fitted soon

Thats all until tomorrow

Comment

• bloody hell you finished the tilein?
                            sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

• Originally posted by paul spence View Post
                              bloody hell you finished the tilein?
                              Fastest tiler in the North East son ....... , what year did he start ...!!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
                                Fastest tiler in the North East son ....... , what year did he start ...!!
                                there lass said he started in october 2000!!!!!!!!!!
                                sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

Working...
                                X