X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking good paul good luck with the rest of it

Comment

• Originally posted by RS2000&MEXICO View Post
      it sure is lee.....it had some small amount of rot in the top parts and i had them changed to make a better job...he has done them so well they look spot on...
      is it as strong as a factory job then?? has it been spot welded? or has he just mig'd it ??

Comment

• i thought this car was sold ages ago???? ......whats the story with the mk1 then paul???? any pics of it?

Comment

• Originally posted by lee bishop View Post
          is it as strong as a factory job then?? has it been spot welded? or has he just mig'd it ??
          they have been spoted on and they are just as good if not better than standard..

Originally posted by Aaron P. View Post
          i thought this car was sold ages ago???? ......whats the story with the mk1 then paul???? any pics of it?
          i was m8...but i have got to finish it for the man i sold it to..
          the mk1 will be with me next week or the week after
          but it's going into storage on the same day as it's only a shell and i have no room to store it so of it goes into storage....i will be doing this mk1 over 2 years as there is no parts with the car....

cheeRS
          sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• Originally posted by lee bishop View Post
            Migging is easily as good and actually if done correctly, and actually better than resistance spot welding, it's done like that at the factory as it's quicker.

Migging is the only "legal" method of repairing unitary bodies.
            Brazing creates too much heat and weakens the steel, therefore if the MOT man sees it he'll fail it.

After all, you're joining metal to metal, with metal, and there is almost always more penetration due to the localised build up of heat involved in mig welding, which is what you're trying to achieve.

It's also not unknown for factory spot welds to not "take", which has resulted in a creaking chassis and sometimes water leaks

Comment

• Looking good there Paul

CheeRS
              Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
                Migging is easily as good and actually if done correctly, and actually better than resistance spot welding, it's done like that at the factory as it's quicker.

Migging is the only "legal" method of repairing unitary bodies.
                Brazing creates too much heat and weakens the steel, therefore if the MOT man sees it he'll fail it.

After all, you're joining metal to metal, with metal, and there is almost always more penetration due to the localised build up of heat involved in mig welding, which is what you're trying to achieve.

It's also not unknown for factory spot welds to not "take", which has resulted in a creaking chassis and sometimes water leaks

that sounds about right m8.....
                sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• yep, seen a difference since i was last on here, keep at it paul,

cheeRS
                  sigpic

Comment

• small update...........................

car is now in the first paint shop to be put into 2k primer
                    it will be done in about 2 weeks...
                    then it's of to the 2nd paint shop to have the lush signal yellow
                    put all over her...
                    it looks on time to be ready for early may...
                    sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• small update

been busy getting the servo ready

looks very nice....

sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• Paul, whats the dots on it

Comment

• Originally posted by ian parker View Post
                          Paul, whats the dots on it
                          Silicone

Comment

• no.........it's pitting.....
                            sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• and some more bits.....

sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• looking forward to seeing this finished.....any more work done on the body?? is it with the body shop???

Comment

Working...
                                X