Dimensions for fitting Mexico Decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimensions for fitting Mexico Decals

Does anyone know where I will be able to find detailed information on the exact position for Mk 2 Mexico (1977) decals ?

Any tips for fitting them would be gratefully received too!!

Cheers

AB Mexico

Lots of patience........................................ (and a steady hand)
    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Soapy water helps as this enables you to position the rear quarter decals correctly then just squeedge the excess water out with a body filler spreader and allow to dry. The pin stripes are best put on dry. Arch decals are a pig and you might have to cut them in order to fit correctly. (Especially the front arch stripes) Top stripe should be about 1/2" below swage line I think.
      Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Many thanks !!

Comment

good advise. just take ya time and do it in a garage out of the wind and rain.
          good luck , tim.

Comment

Photo of bootlid of early Mk2 Mex

Has anyone got a photo they could post of an early (1977) Mk2 Mex bootlid that would give me some idea of exactly where the "mexico" decal should be fitted?

Comment

I've found this pic...

My mk2 has gone

Comment

and this one.

My mk2 has gone

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles
                  Soapy water helps as this enables you to position the rear quarter decals correctly then just squeedge the excess water out with a body filler spreader and allow to dry. The pin stripes are best put on dry. Arch decals are a pig and you might have to cut them in order to fit correctly. (Especially the front arch stripes) Top stripe should be about 1/2" below swage line I think.
                  You're right mate, İt's very hard to match the decals with the arches. I'll do them again.

My mk2 has gone

Comment

to get the stripes dead straight, i always run a 1" masking tape guide along the whole lenth of the car before i start the striping - then you can gauge the distance between the stripe and swage lines better - dont be afraid to gently mark bodywork with a soft pencil for measurements - but as said, take ur time !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X