Clear All

thats alot better than mine when i got it chap, keep up the good work
    sigpic

Comment

hi kieran, good luck with the rebuild mate will be worth it in the end
      cheeRS
      Andy RSX

Comment

Who is the best person / company to refurb the seats?

Mark Spencer - quick trim. he did a brilliant job on mine.

RObert
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prs View Post
          Who is the best person / company to refurb the seats?

Mark Spencer - quick trim. he did a brilliant job on mine.

RObert
          Cheers for the info.

not going to be able to do much this week as doing silly hours at work but going to start stripping the inside as still need the car mobile to get it in / out of the garage

did a wee bit more checking yesterday, norm rust spots found bottom of A post on O/S

looks like its been repaired in the past

another hole on the inner wing

this section seems good and strong, again think its had work in the past

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Good luck with your restoration and just take your time in getting it right, it will be well worth it.

Comment

IS IT FINISHED YET ???????? .......................

Comment

keep up the good work it does get you down when you find more rust but as Tim said it will be well worth it in the end.
                sigpic

Comment

Doesnt look to bad at all. Keep the updates coming.

Comment

Looking forwartd to watching the progress of this

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

Haven't managed to get out to the RS to do anymore due to my wife been unwell and had to have a operation plus I've been working funny hours at work because of the strikes in Royal Mail.

Hope to restart again soon as the wife is on the mend but staff at work still going out on 1 day strikes each week, don't they know people out there will happly have their jobs.

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Hope your wife gets well soon...and yes I love to be a postie, less stress and more more than I get now

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

Well its been a very long time since posted about the old beast.
                          Yes I still have it and thanks for all the peeps who told me to get my arse in gear, the Lakes Tour has given me a wake up call to how much I miss driving the old beast.

So today I started to remove parts of the engine, exhaust, water pipes and rad so I can get the engine out very soon.
                          Gearbox will also be off very soon then will start striping the inside and removing all the glass.

Hope to have all this done by August then I will start taking it back to bare metal.

Will keep you all posted on how I get on.

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

did anoher couple of hours today, exhaust is now off, fuel tank out, and both rear lights.

nice hole under the fuel tank

look what I found under the tank, wonder how long this crap has been there.

taking pics of everything so I know what wire goes where

thats it for today, hope to have the engine and box on Monday

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

looking like you have a bit of work to do there chap, the thing is to take your time and get it right first time so you don't end up going back to the repairs again. it's nice to get it done but better to take the time to get it right and end up with a good strong shell that will be good for years to come. you have a nice looking car mate and it will only get better and the pleasure it will bring to you and others will be worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by badnews View Post
                                looking like you have a bit of work to do there chap, the thing is to take your time and get it right first time so you don't end up going back to the repairs again. it's nice to get it done but better to take the time to get it right and end up with a good strong shell that will be good for years to come. you have a nice looking car mate and it will only get better and the pleasure it will bring to you and others will be worth the wait.
                                Yep just taking my time, it will be done when its done and not before....if that makes sense.

Did a few more hours of it today, brake tower off, pedal box off, all engine bay wire-loom out and labeled up.

just hope i can remember how this mess goes back!!

Hope to do a little bit more Friday, only doing small chunks as otherwise I'll get feed up of it and leave it another 6 months.

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Working...
                                X