Honest Answers Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mk2mania View Post
    The scort prices are mental, when folk all bail out of them n sell up they will be way out of reach for the younger end, then maybe or maybe not the scorts will come down in price, there will always be the race n rally clique, but you car show/club scorts will fizzle out without a younger generation to get into them, I know it's not the same but it's happened with the mg crew, but there mostly odd and the cars are tied, any tour.news yet 🤣🤣🤣

Anyway
    Good points. I'm concerned about the heritage railways too, how many of us remember the steam engines on our main lines? These railways need fresh blood now to keep these old girls going.

Comment

Where there’s a will there’s a way

Also the DIY restoration isn’t dead

Comment

My DIY Restoration is not dead, but then I am old perhaps that makes a difference, I think there are many reasons why home restorations are becoming less and less.

Comment

Originally posted by garageman View Post
          I think there are many reasons why home restorations are becoming less and less.
          Mostly because the people that learnt / used to work with their hands, and with tools are slowly dying off LOL! And yeah I put myself in that bracket!

I'm not even sure schools have / do woodwork / metalwork classes anymore and likewise if kids are interested in watching dad working in the garage, the knowledge base stops there!

As an aside - does anyone watch the YT channels that are in car workshops and see what they are presented with - newish vehicles that have never had an oil change! ! ! , tyres that are so bald the steel is showing and customer just wants a rotation or complaints of a squeak from brakes where there are NO pads left! What is wrong with people that they can't be bothered with basic maintenance?

Comment

Originally posted by garageman View Post
            My DIY Restoration is not dead, but then I am old perhaps that makes a difference, I think there are many reasons why home restorations are becoming less and less.
            Oh yes I know exactly what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by katana View Post
              Mostly because the people that learnt / used to work with their hands, and with tools are slowly dying off LOL! And yeah I put myself in that bracket!

I'm not even sure schools have / do woodwork / metalwork classes anymore and likewise if kids are interested in watching dad working in the garage, the knowledge base stops there!

As an aside - does anyone watch the YT channels that are in car workshops and see what they are presented with - newish vehicles that have never had an oil change! ! ! , tyres that are so bald the steel is showing and customer just wants a rotation or complaints of a squeak from brakes where there are NO pads left! What is wrong with people that they can't be bothered with basic maintenance?
              We have done too much for them and some have been put up on pedestals resulting in totally ruining them. Once you start doing everything for them then it never finishes. This might be just a little problem in the future when we start rebuilding our country again. If we had to start from scratch then who would you want to help you, a plumber with his toolbox or a person with a degree in diversity? If we want a decent future in the world then we might have to start building stuff again ourselves.

Comment

Working...
              X