Ralio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralio

Well, not quite , but fans of the shows presenter Lowri Morgan can tune in S4C tomorrow (Thursday 24th ) at 20.25 and catch lowri in her new adventure................

http://www.s4c.co.uk/rasynerbynamser

New series

Presenter Lowri Morgan is about to face an extreme challenge that will force her to push her body to the limit in the Arctic Circle's sub-zero temperatures. In the 6633 Ultra Marathon, Lowri faces a race against time, the brutal freezing conditions and her own personal demons along the way.

Follow her journey, from the intense training to the big race itself, in the four-part series Ras yn Erbyn Amser.
    Lowri will be raising money for the Shelter Cymru charity during the race. You can sponsor her by visiting the website: www.sheltercymru.org.uk
    In the 6633 Ultra race, the challenge will be more testing than anything Lowri has experienced in the past. This time, she faces a distance of 350 miles over eight days and will be completely self-sufficient. This race is among the hardest on the planet. Only five people have finished the race since the first one in 2007 and a woman holds the current record.

During her Arctic challenge, Lowri will battle against temperatures of around -30˚C to -40˚C. In recent years, temperatures have even plummeted to a teeth-chattering -93˚C. In a bid to acclimatise to the conditions, Lowri's trained intensively over the past twelve months. She runs distances of over 140 miles per week and has experienced the freezing temperatures of Sweden.

Lowri says, "Despite all the bad things that could happen, I'm really looking forward to getting started. The 6633 Ultra has played a big part in my life over the past year and I long to hear the sound of the whistle on the starting line."

cheeRS
    sigpic
Working...
X