Shipping from abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping from abroad

Any body on here bought anything from USA on ebay?

Just wondering what happens with tax etc.

Cheers Craig.

All the time m8

Comment

Sorry forgot to answer your Q: On Ebay i have never been charged duty tax, only get charged tax, when buying from a registered company, i think how it works with the bay is its classed as one to one auction, hope this helps!!!

Comment

I have, what you can do to be safe is phone customs and excise, and ask for a commodity code, this is the rate of tax for said Item,

I imported bonnet locks and was charged 2.7% import duty

Comment

I've had several items from ebay etc,the first thing was a radio and got whacked about £35 for import tax,all items from then on I always get them to send me a reciept via email[not with package]and write happy birthday jim on the outside of the packaging a bit crooked but works every time guaranteed .

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I am looking at a lens for my camera at $200, but the seller will not put gift on the box so was looking to see if it was worthwhile.

I bought stuff before from Germany and had to pay by bank transfer and got stung with bank charges, but at least this one is by paypal.

Thanks again, away for a think

Comment

Originally posted by Craig m View Post
              Thanks for the replies.

I am looking at a lens for my camera at $200, but the seller will not put gift on the box so was looking to see if it was worthwhile.

I bought stuff before from Germany and had to pay by bank transfer and got stung with bank charges, but at least this one is by paypal.

Thanks again, away for a think
              Craig have you tried www.pixmania.com for your lens, they sometimes have good deals on!

Comment

Cheers for that Daz.

Comment

i bought bonnet locks and got hit mightily with Tax , will get them of Bri next time

cheeRS
                  sigpic

Comment

you get heavily GJ if you dont put a commodity code on the package, as they just bill you what they think not the proper thing

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit View Post
                      you get heavily GJ if you dont put a commodity code on the package, as they just bill you what they think not the proper thing

yeah,

ouch.......

cheeRS
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X