Genuine Mex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine Mex?

Hi guys, ive found a MK2 mex in the next street to me that needs a total restoration, im trying to contact the owner if wants to sell but i was wondering if you guys could tell me what to check(incase ive missed anything) that its a genuine mex.These are the things ive checked for so far and that it has...
    The genuine front spoiler(rubbery type)
    H4 headlights
    RS 5 clock dash
    Rolltop seats
    black healining(the rest of the interior is missing)
    factory fitted anti tramp bars(by the looks of it)
    i obviously havnt been able to look under the bonnet, but apart from checking it has a c/n starting with GCAT, genuine cutout on front crossmember and the RS top plates, is there any other areas i could check apart from those to totally confirm its a genuine Mex?
    Any help appreciated, and any pic of white mk2 Mex's becuase ive fallen in love

cheers
    Dan

Sounds ok so far................. Look under the front wings for the strengthening plates on the strut tops. another clue to find out if it's genuine.
    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Dan, I'll come and have a look with u if u want....
      Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

heres mine to give you an idea

cheeRS

Comment

Do they not also have that extra factory strengthening at the bottom of the strut towers in the wheelarch or is that what Frosty meant.

Chris.

More of Banishit's Handywork!!!

Comment

check here for what should be there

Comment

danny - dont think its really for u m8 - best let me buy it instead :compress:

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, sounds as though its just a case of check for GCAT and the strut strengtheners and shes deffo a mex then. Vinny, get ya hands off!

Comment

danny - all the best with getting her m8, and get some more pics up when u do.
                  Hope it not much longer till i find one.

Comment

Well went to see the neighbour of the bloke today to see if he knew how to contact him. Neighbour answers his door, and i ask him if he knows how to get in touch with the owner. "He wont sell it, i saw him a couple of months ago and he said he was coming to pick it up in a week"
                    So i kindly pointed out to him that its been 7 weeks since he was supposed to pick it up, and the bloke gets shirty with me, "yeh well hes not going to sell it mate." Ok mate cheers.......

So im no wher nearer to trying to buy it, will just have to wait for the bloke to come and collect his mail and hopefully give me a ring(i put a nice letter through his letterbox asking him to contact me)
                    Poor Mex....

Comment

Working...
                    X