I,m really P-SSED OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    ian can always join the oxford rs group and come on our local group stand for shows and ND
    thanks Tim, i think i would have to show allegence to the Milton Keynes group although i,m still threatening to turn up one evening

Comment

ian can always join the oxford rs group and come on our local group stand for shows and ND
      and you can always do what i'm doing, staying at home!

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
        and you can always do what i'm doing, staying at home!
        No, i think i,d like to be there to see what a concours car looks like

Comment

Originally posted by ian parker View Post
          go look in your garage then because YOU DO HAVE A CONCOURSE CAR.
          you have done what most people can only dream about a build a mk2 to such high standards.its your car, built how you want it, to do what you want with.more concourse events out there part from rsoc.
          autoglym
          maguires

the gimp wont judge u at local group shows as he never attends

Comment

go look in your garage then because YOU DO HAVE A CONCOURSE CAR.
            you have done what most people can only dream about a build a mk2 to such high standards.its your car, built how you want it, to do what you want with.more concourse events out there part from rsoc.
            autoglym
            maguires

the gimp wont judge u at local group shows as he never attends
            thanks Tim,

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
                bring it round to my house

you can clean it all day on the drive

i'll come outside and say this is not right and thats not right

i'll tell everyone its too shiny

then i'll give you a £4 trophy for your trouble

Neil..you dont qualify to to this..you own a MK2 Mex remember

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

Ian why to you need a trophy..you already have the prize

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

Ian I normally wouldn't get involed in a concours thread,
                    but I do fully understand the time & effort you have put into your car.
                    I also understand you wanting to attend the RSOC national day to show your car as a concours RS2000.
                    Personally If it was my car it would be running standard tank & carb. (for RSOC ND)
                    But as Tim says there are plenty of NON RS concours events to compete in with your car.
                    You will also find judges at Ford Fair or Auto Glym events less blinkered & less model specific when judging.
                    That doesn't mean they don't know what to look for though.

I think the penny may have finally dropped for you though.
                    Why do you think there are so many Mk2 RS Owners that are EX RSOC members.
                    Because just like you the RSOC suddenly does not seem to offer the support, advice or value for money that the Mk2 RS Owner of today would expect from such a large organisation.

That's why this BB is as popular as it is.
                    Dave when are you organising a works team concours event..
                    Mark....

Comment

ian you know what i think....**** him..!!...you do what you need to do m8...your car is stunning and a real credit to you
                      sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

there you go Ian told u you would be shot at and its getting to you already who did you build car to please remember what I told you

Comment

Concours........... simple , you have to take the knock back's with the prizes , if you cannot , step aside and dont bother harsh but so true. Its your car , built your way, some wont like, some will , if your happy with her ian which i think you are , dont give a fcuk .

How many times over the last 10 years have i shown a car and the judge said,,,, dont know much about these but i will judge it on how clean it is.. And yes before yous say i normally loose lol . But then once in a blue moon you turn up at a show and you have the dave robinson of bda mk2's judging but in my case a mk1 guy , his reply's bit scruffy lol but very very original then its my turn to win if you get my drift.

I love concours but the bottom line is no 2 peoples opion is the same , bitter pill to swallow i know. Judges come and go, rsoc rules come and go but the cars never do . And its the cars we love not the judges .
                          Regards Charlie
                          CWC Restorations
                          Boldon Colliery Industrial Estate
                          Sunderland
                          M 07984 888010
                          L 0191 4478201

cwcrestorations@btinternet.com

Comment

Originally posted by ian parker View Post
                            Ian, Is that radio console you have for sale yet?.....I'm still after one.

I just thought I'd ask seeing as you are in a good mood !!

Aled

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Ian - do as a certain car did against me whilst I was competing in Working Class concourse and take your own judge with you to regional days !

Then you will feel hard done to

And it wont take much to guess who the judge was - lol lol lol
                              cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Although I have no personal interest whatsoever (at a certain age you start to become complacent about what OTHER people think ), this thread is becoming a revelation!

WTF is going on?

Here is an extract from concours from another well known marque:

Original Condition

The engine, drivetrain, suspension, steering, brakes, tyres, bodywork, trim and electrical system are to comply to the correct specification for the particular model of vehicle as listed in the manufacturer's sales literature.

The vehicle must be either fitted with original components or replacements made to original specification.

Paintwork is the original colour as defined on the vehicle VIN plate.

Manufacturer's approved optional extras may be fitted as listed in the manufacturer's parts book or manufacturer's sport parts catalogue.

I could understand if Ian had fitted RS1600i seven-spokes or a Halfords rear wing, but FFS ALL of the Ford RS parts were designed to be dealer supplied and could be fitted by dealer without invalidating warranty or type approval!!!

On the smart-ass side, who is to say that the original owner hadn't had those bits fitted before he drove away from the dealership?

I bought a new MR2 in 1990 and it arrived from Japan with a boot full of boxes for the optional extras I'd ordered including air-conditioning in a box and that was dealer fitted! So my brand new MR2 was "modified" the day after delivery?

Even the rule-crazy Germans categorize "historic vehicles" as being able to be modified with tuning kits which were either fitted or available in the first 5 years of the vehicle's life.

Perhaps absolutely bog-standard RS2000's which are presented EXACTLY as they left the factory and have never had a whiff of an RS tuning part should be downgraded due to "not faithfully representing the cultural heritage and tradition of the RS marque" ?

signed

Victor M.

Comment

Working...
                                X