Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RStu
    replied
    Great work Andrew, will be a cracker when done, and I love the colour. Oh and I love the scenery shots where you live, I'm jealous!

Leave a comment:

• dasadrew
    replied
    Originally posted by Banishit View Post
    never get the prancer in that dasa
    No, but Jaffa might have to be taken out of the stable for summer and put on the new gravel drive to make place.

Leave a comment:

• GAZ W
    replied
    Brilliant work there das

see you on the lakes tour in it

Leave a comment:

• Banishit
    replied
    never get the prancer in that dasa

Leave a comment:

• topaz
    replied
    cool shed but you need to get your paintbrush out, winter is coming again
    Last edited by topaz; 24-02-2007, 23:15.

Leave a comment:

• dasadrew
    replied
    Originally posted by topaz View Post
    cant be many bedrooms in that house!
    No, but there are two Group 1 cast exhaust manifolds and a NOS 69 ltr tank!

Leave a comment:

• topaz
    replied
    cant be many bedrooms in that house!

Leave a comment:

• dasadrew
    replied
    Originally posted by Banishit View Post
    too much time on your hands
    Obviously not, since I'm extending the patio and putting in a driveway next to the house at the same time

Leave a comment:

• Banishit
    replied
    too much time on your hands dasa

nice job

Leave a comment:

• marky4
    replied
    great work looking great

Leave a comment:

• dasadrew
    replied
    been on a bender this week

Can't stand those bloody copper brake lines (although they're damned practical) as you can never get straight runs and they end up Curly-Wurly.

Bought a prefab set, but of course they're straight pipes and you have to bend them yourself. Used the copper pipe I had to make the templates.

A few more to go still ........

Leave a comment:

• rsjohn1
    replied
    jaffa

very nice car and top colour to some nice touches in the towing point and like the fan to!!! would love one for soo. keep the pics coming mate

Leave a comment:

• dasadrew
    replied
    Like I mentioned earlier, wrote to Kenlowe and didn't even get told to naff off.

Leave a comment:

• rwdrs
    replied
    Whilst rusty the whole bleedin thing was as rusty as ****, the magnets and clip are in one piece and there wasn't that much play in the olives, but the brushes are pretty sha...

I've measured them, and they are about 7.5 mm square, don't know what they come out of, but would like to renew them before reassembly, I've cleaned up the commutator, which was nicely grooved!

You didn't find out where to get any new bits for these fans by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• dasadrew
    replied
    Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
    I've just had my leccy Fan apart today and from what I can see the brushes look like ordinary alternator ones.
    Drew did you try getting hold of some Lucas or Bosch type alternator brushes?
    To be honest, the brushes weren't a problem and had a lot of meat left on them. Problems were the tin clips which are rivetted to the body and which hold the stator magnets in place. They rust like he11 and then the bits strat mangling up the works inside. On one, the magnet blocks had been completely shattered.

Secondly, the shaft play in the bearing olives isn't brillinat and, when you clean up the surfaces, they have a lot of play. The balance of the fan blades is terrible and puts a lot of flapping about forces on the shaft.

Still, they don't run too long at any stretch so I'm hoping.....

BTW, just bagged another one on the 'Bay, so my ship might come in yet!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X