my first car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first car

Thought i would share some pics of a Mk1 fiesta that was saved from the scrap heap, thanks to kev curtis for finding this 55,000 mile local car. would not start, so i believe the garage said it wasnt viable to fix. Got it home and we put in a set of points and plugs, charged a battery from dads 1800 and it went, tappets were noisy so they were done and it ran real good.
    The car was in quite good condition, couple bits of grot around the rear strut towers and front wings
    Plans are to strip it completely, and put arches on, but i couldnt face cutting the new wings so the standard look stays, have GAZ shocks all round, cam and x series carbs for it, pics are old so its progressed alot.
    im sure youve all seen chris zetec thread, wont be anything like that but this is my first car
    here goes

some bits to be fitted later

Comment

Looks a cracking shell, look foward to watching progress nice touch with the series x carbs, be nice to get the ss type archs and wheels to go with them
      Cheers Glyn

Comment

dont laugh...engine totally stripped bored, new pistons, piper cam, oil pump etc, the old mans 1800 makes a good bench

Comment

more pics please lewis!
          sigpic

Comment

nice lots of nice bits with it not a bad first car what like on insurance

Comment

Nice first car.....better than a Saxo or corsa any day

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Originally posted by Mogsmex View Post
                Looks a cracking shell, look foward to watching progress nice touch with the series x carbs, be nice to get the ss type archs and wheels to go with them
                have got some lookalike jobbies couldnt bring myself to cut the new wings with the ones we have

Originally posted by fast eddie View Post
                more pics please lewis!

Originally posted by wetandwindy2 View Post
                nice lots of nice bits with it not a bad first car what like on insurance
                with the mods declared its about £2500 got to pass test first tho

Comment

thanks Aled

fast tracking along, whilst the shell was away for work, we cracked on with the bits, all bits stripped powdercoated or replaced

before

after, new bearings, lines, brakes

original drum came out like new

engine cradle

Comment

You are doing a lovely job there. Fiesta was my first car too in 1983. Have my eye on one at the moment.

keep the pics coming.

RObert
                    sigpic

Comment

Cracking first car there mate and you`re doing an amazing job there too. keep it up and the pics coming
                      sigpic

Comment

looking good this
                        Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

hi

looking a good wee shell there m8.
                          spot on resto job ur doing all the best will watch ur progrees takening shape..has a mk1 supersport,and mk1 xr2 great wee cars.....
                          dav

Comment

Nice one son, I want a Fiesta now ........
                            sigpic

Comment

love seeing young un's into old skool stuff, you got a good mentor there son
                              Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Working...
                              X