Annoying Ebayer......Grrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Ebayer......Grrrr

A bulkhead pad came up on E bay recently http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=220345570090 As I needed one I contacted the seller to see whether he would 'sell now'. He said he would, but wanted what he paid for it which was £300.00. I thought that this was too much, especially with damage and I bidded instead and got it for £87.00. Chuffed with this, I paid immediately and asked him to pack it very well, as they are brittle items.

6 days later today I get the following message

Dear alminera,
    Hi. I have some very very bad news. It's broken and I'm gutted, as I'm sure, you are too! It's cracked about 7 inches down the centre. I will issue you a refund now. Let me know that it's gone through. I do appologise for this!
    - lowz*

Clearly, suspicious about why he is not selling, I have asked him to send me a pic of the damage as I am still keen on buying it as I may be able to repair it.

I won't build my hopes up I've given him 24 hours and have already phoned Ebay who suggested filing a report.

My cars in the VbGarage

sounds pretty whiffy to me !

wouldnt hold out too much hope for the pic Aled, fraid there isnt a lot you can do apart from put it down to experiance

and If the pic never turns up, some people may take a little joy out of wrecking any of his future auctions with silly bids

I recomend another pooter with differant ISP and new Ebay ID If anyone was to go this route
    Cheers Glyn

Comment

pain in the a**

If you cant get one, let me know and I'll pass you on to a guy over here who breaks them for a living. He has a real minter in at the moment (got it on sunday) for breaking as the body is shot beyond his patience to fix it. It has all the bits. He normally has good covers. pm me for his number as he may not appreciate me posting on the bb.

cheeRS

Derek

Comment

PM Sent Derek

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Should have read this thread first and not the messing one. Feel sorry for you and hopefully one will turn up.

Chat Later,
          Errol

Comment

i hope you get one mate ,its not nice when that happens.i had it done with a set of mk1 wheels

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohnie View Post
              i hope you get one mate ,its not nice when that happens.i had it done with a set of mk1 wheels
              Thanks for your kind words....they make me feel a lot better

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

did you get the pictures off him Aled
                Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Originally posted by Andyc View Post
                  did you get the pictures off him Aled
                  Nope, and I don't expect to either

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

report him to ebay and tell him see what he as to say then
                    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Aled your not alone on this one mate and ebay is a gamble as we all know ,we put our trust in peoples discriptions and honesty and sadly it sometimes goes pear shaped,im currently in dispute with a similar case were the seller as told me porkys regarding discription .good luck with the bulkhead pad matey

Comment

Sorry to read you are being messed around Aled.

Although there is more to this, I would not like to purchase a bulkhead pad and have it sent in the post, as they break at nothing!...............I would rather collect it myself, and even then it can just break on you with the greatest of care!

Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000EXPRESS View Post
                          I would rather collect it myself, and even then it can just break on you with the greatest of care!
                          Ya damn right . Have brought 3 and picked em all up
                          cheeRS
                          Ian
                          sigpic

"Live everyday as if it was your last, because one of these days, it will be."
                          Jeremy Schwartz.

"Better to burn out than fade away"

Comment

Things happen for a reason, so I suppose it's for the best.

However, the issue is the underhand way the seller has gone about things

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Originally posted by alminera View Post
                              Things happen for a reason, so I suppose it's for the best.

However, the issue is the underhand way the seller has gone about things
                              These auctions are great, it makes some parts available that we would struggle to find any other way, but there is a price to pay for this and the problem is that anyone can have access to it...........it's down to luck that the transaction goes ok for you. I know I bought a set of door seals, sent the cheque and received nothing until I threatened to report him, I eventually got my money back off someone else. The more we rely on these auctions for our parts, the more the chance of a bad transaction.

If everyone supported the Spares days (for eg. Donnington) then you can see the item you are buying, meet the person you are buying off, and hopefully buy it at a reasonable price..........but that involves travelling about and then it might have gone before you get there!

Comment

Working...
                              X