Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project RAC 2007

Here goes ,my first picture download.Thanks to Brian for his help

Some special Welch preperation (a steel replacement compound that is very strong)

A few hours with a grinder a Grinder and £20.00 worth of attachments.

A little of the super welch secret formula removed

The next installment soon

Has it worked
    sigpic

yep worked well done LOL

you have certainly got your work cut out there, good luck with it all and 2007

Comment

Just a little touching up to do then...
      Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Kev
        People tell me that your Mex was a similar standard ,is this right ??
        A bit of auto glym works well ,don't want it too shineeeee
        sigpic

Comment

When you go to bed at night and close your eyes, i bet all you can see is rot! lol - only kidding mate, best of luck!

Comment

best of luck with it

Comment

thats some ferocious terrier you have there, did he kill that Zebra all on his own ....

seriously though, good luck with the resto, keep the pics coming and use kev as an inspiration, even though he can hardly walk now !

cheeRS
              sigpic

Comment

good luck skids,is this the yellow mex u brough a while ago

Comment

Alittle bit of T-cut and that would have been perfect again

Ive got a westie too mate , getting old now though shes 14
                  sigpic

Comment

Good luck with that one m8,
                    would'nt know where to start, keep the pics coming!!

Comment

Thanks for the support guys.To be honest it is not that bad a few days with a plasma cutter and a grinder will get all the tin worm removed.If the so called preparation experts had done this in the first place and when they where maintaining the car it would not have been an issue,putting plates on top of rot is false economy,looks good to start with then it keeps on rotting.The rest of the car is very good i.e chassis floor pans boot sills etc.The pannels are all ordered and should arrive this week so I have the week off after the 2006 RAC and will give it some serious abuse.
                      Rallyslag yes it is the car I bought last December,as I have only just got round to starting it,only been able to get it in the garage in August,it was parked outside all last winter,I sold the other shell I had welded up to a guy in Ireland.This car has all the bits on it,that just need sevicing and bolting back on 2.1 John Hardman pinto on 45's,paddle clutch ,quaife QR,APB,2 1/4 Billies,Tranx 4 speed,tranx LSD,Coil over turrets,etc.

G J The Zebra engine cover is giong to be made into seat covers for my Sparco's Don't want to get that messy Dalby mud on them do I !

Will post some pics when I get the strut tops and turrets removed .
                      Skids
                      sigpic

Comment

is it to early to ask what your plans are for it?

Comment

As title says RAC 2007
                          Clubmans event .Can't afford £2k entry for the full event
                          Then local Yorkshire Forest events.
                          sigpic

Comment

got a little work to do their but keep weaving and it will be soon done the sooner u start the sooner u finish hope to see u in the woods

Comment

Had a week off work this week,managed 4 full days pass in the garage without having to take the better half shopping.Got all strut towers and top plates replaced and A pillars repaired.Got some pics and when I have time will post them.Must say haveing use of a plasma cutter makes the job so much easier.
                              Thanks for the support guys.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X