No announcement yet.

Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread and the "The RSOC and moving forward (this thread started by RS2000CUSTOM)" one have to be the most ongoing crack on here in a while. Apart from Alan's new 4 Dr project of course that could pip them both!!

Comment

With all the unknowns I think this ends in disaster, but for whom I don't know.
      But, if the GBP drops further in the next couple of months UK exports should peak!

Comment

We leave the EU and Germany is now unchallenged to run it.

Angela Merkel now quoted as the most powerful politician in Europe.

Immigrants invited, wanted and needed in Germany to power their industry.

Germany, in the next five years have increased their military budget to 6.2% of their GDP, the US only spends 4.2% the UK just about 2%.

Anybody know where this is going, looks familiar to me.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingpilot View Post
          We leave the EU and Germany is now unchallenged to run it.

Angela Merkel now quoted as the most powerful politician in Europe.

Immigrants invited, wanted and needed in Germany to power their industry.

Germany, in the next five years have increased their military budget to 6.2% of their GDP, the US only spends 4.2% the UK just about 2%.

Anybody know where this is going, looks familiar to me.
          I say bring them on, In fact bring them all on, we are ready to take anyone on. We have had proper training for the past 15 years
          Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

I don't believe for one minute you want a war but given what happened 100 years ago today and what's all over the the TVs and press at the minute, I'm a bit disappointed at the post above.
            Given the way Boris, Gove and their cronies are behaving and what Michael Michael Heseltine said yesterday about how they behaved like generals leading their soldiers to war then abandoning them when they saw the battlefield, I think we'ed be better worrying about our own politicians rather than others.
            If there's another election soon rather than people be taken in by headlines, they might look at the real issues and take things more seriously.

Comment

I think the BBC reporters ...well all reporters need to start reporting the real facts as they are.

I feel really let down by them, until they start doing facts I don't trust them on politics in any way shape or form ......No body knows what's going to happen in the future exactly. But reporters are now just making it up

Comment

Britain will now have to negociate a deal with the EU on what terms they can get out. What rules still apply, what don't, and what the price is that needs to be paid (cash GBP).
                It's like you ordered a mail order bride but you don't know what she looks like

Comment

Originally posted by plentysideways View Post
                  As I understand it, the UK's withdrawal from the EU will not automatically effect the UK's status as a signatory to the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR). Neither is the ECHR related to the Court of Justice of the European Union (ECJ)
                  The majority of these rights find their way into British law through the UK Human Rights Act, not EU law. With that in mind, I don't agree with your view that we will have to repeal the ECHR.
                  Well, I can't remember who it was but one of the main Brexiteers stated that withdrawing from the ECHR as one of the first things they wanted to do.

Comment

Originally posted by l j shaw View Post
                    I think the BBC reporters ...well all reporters need to start reporting the real facts as they are.

I feel really let down by them, until they start doing facts I don't trust them on politics in any way shape or form ......No body knows what's going to happen in the future exactly. But reporters are now just making it up
                    To be fair, you should be feeling let down by the remain capaign and mainly by the false claims and lies put forward by the official campaign, Farage, Bo-Jo and Gove.

Comment

Originally posted by plentysideways View Post
                      I also think that Brits working and living in the EU will apply for visa/work permits (as they currently have to in non EU foreign countries) or even dual nationality rather than be forced to return to the UK.

Whichever way anybody voted, we are where we are and we all need to work together if we want to be a major player on the world stage; exactly as we would have had to had the result gone the other way.
                      That's the trouble people "think" this or that "might" happen but it's a massive gamble. There has been talk of actually returning EU nationals to their own country, so if that came to pass what do you think the other countries would do.

For the next three years, talented workers needed in the UK will be put off by not knowing if they'll be allowed to stay on. Businesses will withdraw or not invest in the UK. This is effectively playing Russian roulette with the UK economy.

I fully agree with many of the criticisms of the EU and membership of the union but taking this leap into the dark, creating a 2-3 year period of uncertainty will cost growth, jobs and loss of influence.

The best part about the immigration debate is that to get tariff-free access to the common market the UK will have to pay a very similar sum to that currently being paid as the cost of membership but with no influence on decisions but, crucially, having freedom of movement for people.

So you will have gained hardly anything and be outside of the EU and still be subject to most of the rules, especially the hated one where the govt cannot stop EU migration.

Comment

Nah ...All politicians always make grey areas and false claims ....the remain group had nothing to work with from the very start.

I listen to and watched an interview this morning with a French minister done by the BBC...what was alarming ....basically she knew that if the government gave the French people an in out vote ...that the in vote would loose. So don't give them the vote was the attitude ....the cracks in the EU are starting to appear and its far from the democratic view expected. Look how the Greeks are being pushed

Abraham Lincoln once said. Of the people by the people for the people

Comment

So you will have gained hardly anything and be outside of the EU and still be subject to most of the rules, especially the hated one where the govt cannot stop EU migration.

But we do retain our right to self govern ....when this started as the common market it was for the benifit of all.

Angela Merkel is the most powerful politician in Europe ?? even the EU commission reports to her ....

Have a look at what % of GDP is spent on the military ...the US is 4.2 the UK is 2 ......most of the EU members are much less ....and the Germans spend ??

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
                            To be fair, you should be feeling let down by the remain capaign and mainly by the false claims and lies put forward by the official campaign, Farage, Bo-Jo and Gove.
                            After a very short while, I decided that I couldn't believe anything either side said as they were both equally full of rubbish and started doing my own research (the joys of the internet) which is why I know the facts on Human Rights; as opposed to believing what guff one side or the other was sprouting.

That's the trouble people "think" this or that "might" happen but it's a massive gamble. There has been talk of actually returning EU nationals to their own country, so if that came to pass what do you think the other countries would do.

Of course it's a gamble, not one single person in the world 100% knows what the future holds. All anybody can do is make a decision on what they "think" "might" happen BECAUSE NOBODY ACTUALLY KNOWS even those with an IQ of 180 and models of this and that and this or that qualification don't know. Their projection/prediction, call it what you want, dress it up in all kinds of fancy words, does not alter the fact that it boils down to what they "think" "might" happen. For me, it's a gamble worth taking; for you I suspect it isn't.

Comment

There has been talk of actually returning EU nationals to their own country, so if that came to pass what do you think the other countries would do.

I really don't think or hope this will happen. It is propaganda put out by a very nasty, very small but very poisonous section of our society.
                              I do , however, hope that the UK believes in itself enough so that we we sit down at the negotiating table with whoever, we remember how big a market we are for EU countries and do not give everything away. We should be able to retain the right to decide who enters our borders; we should certainly retain the right to expel people found guilty of certain crimes. Possibly have mutual extradition treaties?

Comment

Does the EU really think they have the upper hand??
                                Airbus, go find your wings else where.
                                Mini, can't relocate because the deal struck was it had to be made in the UK, NATO.
                                Commonwealth trade- we've already had interest regarding trade deals from most countries, New Zealand's even offered to loan us their trade politicians.
                                German car sales to the UK, one million plus.
                                London, now able to be a financial capital of the world not just Europe.
                                Roll Royce, his many engines do you need Airbus?
                                New world wines are just as nice and cheaper than French.
                                French, Italian, Spanish made cars/vans are also sold he in large quantities.

We are a big market for the manufacturing industry of Europe, it's in their interest to do the right deal for the UK, it's going to take time and effort but as with any divorce the world always feels brighter afterwards, just ask any divorcee .

Comment

Working...
                                X