Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The RSOC and moving forward (this thread started by RS2000CUSTOM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPS, Sorry i cant edit posts on here

I wont say any more as this isnt the place and this website is well known for its RSOC haters so i quess i will just be banging my head against the wall

Paul
    Proud to be the RS500 registrar for www.rs500owners.com

Comment

I hear there has been another resignation.
      Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Who's gone now Kev
        sigpicRS1800s on Tour

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post

Who now ?

Pushed or walked ?
          cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES View Post

PPS, Sorry i cant edit posts on here

I wont say any more as this isnt the place and this website is well known for its RSOC haters so i quess i will just be banging my head against the wall

Paul
            ALL have 5 minutes to read and edit a post after it has been "posted".

As for "haters" I would say on this website there are many if not more " long term" RSOC members than on any other website and a lot of us will still be RSOC members long after the current committee members have resigned or been pushed away.
            cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by RS1800 View Post
              Who's gone now Kev
              Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post
              Who now ?

Pushed or walked ?
              Graham from press & pub
              Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

any chance of some cookies on friday?? I do love a cookie
                Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

I started my membership in 1994 ish and ran it for 6 odd years just got fed up as they did nowt for older car owners just the new stuff, it still looks the same so i'll keep my money, miss it sadly as i met some great mates through the club.

Comment

Serious question Martin

how much is the membership for the porka club per year ?
                    My PCGB membership is £55 a year. I get 12 glossy magazines a year which are generally geared towards the haves (not the have not's) and Motorsport.

The cost of my membership is not what dictates whether I join or not, but it is nice to see Members being offered a seat and a cup of coffee. If you look round the VW, Audi, XR, Cortina, Capri and many other Club Stands you will see that the Members are being made to feel welcome.

I have been a Member of the RS Owners Club on and off since 1984 (My Membership Number is 5328) and I have seen a lot of change in this time. I am still passionate about Ford RS cars even though I don't own one at the minute.

I didn't attend National Day so cannot comment on it's success, but the AGM will no doubt tell us more about the financials (unless they are cooked up to make things look better than they should be). Regarding the 'Old' Committee there were Members on the Committee who had been RSOC Members for 20+ years and who have given an awful lot to the Club over the years.

Are the New Committee better?? Time will tell, but I am hearing rumours from different sources that it is a Closed Shop and that it is being run as a Dictatorship for the benefit of a few with decisions being controlled by 2 or 3 people and those that go against this are moved out ASAP. If this is the case then it goes totally against what the RS Owners Club stood for all those years ago.

I have a decision to make regarding my Membership renewal that is due at the end of the month. The £75 for 3 years for me is more about loyalty and supporting the Car Club I grew up with and was proud to be a part of rather than the money I will have to hand over. But if I am handing over money to benefit a few select people and helping to line their pockets then I will not renew and have a night out with my mates instead.
                    Cheers

Comment

Exactly Martin , " rumours" and from the old Click

Comment

ALL have 5 minutes to read and edit a post after it has been "posted".

As for "haters" I would say on this website there are many if not more " long term" RSOC members than on any other website and a lot of us will still be RSOC members long after the current committee members have resigned or been pushed away.

Its 2 mins Dave ,not 5

Comment

Originally posted by RS1800 View Post

Who's gone now Kev

Who now ?

Pushed or walked ?

Graham from press & pub
                          Whats gone on there then for yet another committee "leaver" ?

Keeping track of the current RSOC Committee is better than watching The Apprentice !
                          cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Simply just ask Dave

Im sure you already kmow tho , lol

Comment

Its 2 mins Dave ,not 5
                              It must have defaulted to 2 min on a previous update - but is certainly 5 min now !
                              cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

I remember sitting in on an RSOC meeting at Donington and the heated debate was about what kind of cakes to have in the VIP tent , I nearly fell off my ****ing chair when I heard what the budget for the VIP catering was, 5 figures, the good old days....

The Thistle Hotel at East Midlands Airport must have made a killing, rooms, food, drinks all being booked to the club,

Then on the day every man and his dog was running around in 'official' t-shirts, wives, kids, friends, more free entry's than paying guests.

The clubs been run as a play thing for too long.

Can anyone tell me after all these years what does the club own, what does it consist of, does it have premises or company vehicles , is it simply a bank account and mobile phones for the committee ?

The Porsche club may be more expensive but it is a professionally run organisation, it owns property, the company's head quarters worth about £500k, it has a full promotional unit, HGV and trailer unit kitted out as a mobile club shop, runs it's own race series in conjunction with major sponsors.

I think what I am saying is it is expensive (to me) but does have something to show for its annual income and has assets to its name.

Jesus, I'm talking myself into rejoining
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X