Cars reunited question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars reunited question

to the powers that be ................ i know i asked many moons ago about setting up an alphabetical version of the main "Cars Reunited" section on the board and i think someone said it was too difficult to do ................

............. but a simpler version, could it not be done using something similar to the vBGarage section where in stead of the number on the left hand side, you put in an A-Z list, then members can add in the comments bar the registration of the car they are looking for instead of going thru 40+ pages as is the case now ....... ie.

A (comment) ACD 541T yellow rough mk2 ..........
    B (comment) BDA 456S red shed copy ...........
    C (comment) .............

etc etc ..........

just a thought ? ............... what say the all seeing clique eye ??

Wank idea grum... New members ask about different cars etc and those threads would disapear
    sigpic

Comment

errrrrrr no ....... be dam sight easier posting/looking for OMA 808P under O instead of trawling thru 40 pages ........... just narrows the search down a bit

Comment

Originally posted by grum View Post
        errrrrrr no ....... be dam sight easier posting/looking for OMA 808P under O instead of trawling thru 40 pages ........... just narrows the search down a bit
        OR just type OMA 808P into the provided search

were you on the ACiD last night

but I do know what you mean
        MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

you could start of spreadsheet with them all listed and host it in google docs and give the link in here so people could view it and give a few people admin rights to keep it up to date

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
            OR just type OMA 808P into the provided search

were you on the ACiD last night

but I do know what you mean
            ha ha ha

But you still have to go thru all the pages to find a reg number where you put it ...... an alphabet system is just easy surely ???

I know for sure half of us couldn't be arsed to get past the first 4 or 5 pages to see if a car has been listed .........

Comment

Tim, I only used the vBGarage idea cos it was there already and would only need to copy that format with a few tweaks ........

The only other way would be to "STICKY" the individual letters in the alphabet in a new section and get peeps to add the reg there ...... Is that even easier ???

The Harrier site has an alphabet system and its easy to see what cars were about

Comment

bump'd

Comment

Thought you had your answer... Leave it alone
                  sigpic

Comment

don't want too now

Comment

How many cars reunited requests are there over a year?
                      How many are actually reunited with their old cars in a year?
                      Is it worth doing?

Comment

not really to do with the how many or to reunite, just to see if a car is still out there ...... its just an idea to make things easier to find a registration instead of trawling through loads of pages wondering if a car is there ........ surely its easier ? .......... if not, i'd best get my coat

Comment

Agree with grum , you can search as you know the info is in here somewhere so would be easier , Dave Robbo to take charge of it 😉

Comment

Working...
                          X