Jaffa's Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAD MEX
    Looks good dasadrew. How did you get the bottom of the car that clean?
    - wire brushes
    - elbow grease
    - sanding discs
    - perserverance
    - paint scraper
    - madness
    - dentists probes
    - gut determination
    - emery paper
    - sweat

oh, and for some tricky final corners, I am now an honorary member of the Bouches-de-Rhône Open-Air sandblasting team.

There was no short cut, just weeks and weeks of spending the evening or the weekend underneath the car. I'd NEVER do it again!

Comment

Daft question Das but, why the colour coded springs?
      Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

That was the original Ford colour for them. They belong to a Ford lowering kit. On the photo, you can see the original sticker which, believe it or not, has to remain visible if I want to have a hope of re-registering the car in Germany. (All tuning parts have to be identifiable - the stickers are of the type that disintegrate if you try and remove them so as to prevent parts forgeries!). I didn't match the colour exactly as I had some 2-pack signal yellow left over.

Comment

What happens if you can't identify some of the parts then?

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles
            What happens if you can't identify some of the parts then?
            Bottle of beer for the TÜV (the guys who do the technical log book stuff) and some good persuasion skills!

Many years back they wanted me to show the homologation papers for the rear spoiler on my RS2000 during the yearly "MOT" and then insisted I remove it when I hadn't got any! I had to present old sales brochures etc. to prove it was a series standard item!

Comment

thats a seriouly nice lookin car, bit harsh havin 2 id all the bits

Comment

Well, the diff's overhauled now. New bearings, oil seal etc. My first attempt at a diff overhaul, so I'm hoping it wont grind itself to metal filings in the first 100km! Backlash was pretty sloppy, so I tightened that up to Ford spec. Floopin' 'eck, those bearings on the pinion aren't 'arf a tight fit!

Have just finished doing the halfshaft bearings and just need a couple of nuts and bolts to put the lot back on. Unfortunately I'm on business trips and a short weekend break next week, so wheels won't be going on for a few days. The neighbours have already got champagne bottles ready for the time when it gets four wheels and rolls again! nice, huh?

Comment

Looking good mate.

Comment

it will be like Multicoloured Swap Shop uner that Car Andrew when you have finished good job though mate

Comment

You're a fine brave man

Comment

Lookin good mate will be worth all the hard work

Comment

is it sponsored by Beneton lol

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

Originally posted by ders
                            is it sponsored by Beneton lol

cheeRS Ders.
                            No, by Andrew Lloyd Webber - "Joseph and his amazing technicolor dreamcar"

Comment

Is there just no corner where these b**gers don't rust? Decided to 'tidy' up the front wheel arches and discovered this delight. Have spent the weekend cutting out the worst and fabricating the first boiler plate to patch up the structural bit of the hole. Just got to replicate the inner wing skin now.

Welding is the usual standard when trying to attach metal to rust!

Comment

nice work on the replacement part andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X