No announcement yet.

WORTHERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks a great car Ian. Will be absolutely superb when it's done.
    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Spent all day Saturday cleaning out the N-S rear wheel arch, gone back to the primer again and everthing thing a-ok, will try to post some pics soon, i would say the floor is now 90% complete, and no probs at all,

Comment

good job m8 keep the hard work up you will get there we all have these hard times they soon pass and your rs will be on a club stand...you know what one i want you to go on....
        sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Hopefully will post some pics of the floor at the weekend, really starting to come on now, got the burns and scars to prove, heat gun, thinners and Ziebart go well together !!, the purchasing dept have started now, secured a brand new ATE master cylinder from Ders, hopefully got a brand new set of black wheel nuts from Ruddy, and have put a list together of all the goodies for Worthers, car is booked in to Moorland Classic cars for the end of August, beginning of September, which works well with the family and i returning from Florida, it,ll be the first time ive wanted to hurry back from there, 8th time, dont tell the kids though,lol,

Comment

lol......its about time ian ..we need to see pics and loads of them...
            sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

hurry up back mate and get some pics up
              sigpic

Comment

been a bit slack here, these are what state worthers is in now well 3 days ago oops

and a refinished rockercover

Comment

Cheers Brian, i know they dont look that good, picking up engine block, manifold, heat shield and downpipe from Camcoat on Friday, will post the results soon after, dropping down into Stoke-on-Trent on the way back, to see the old girl, will take lots of pics,yesterday completed the cable set yesterday with a N.O.S. bonnet release cable, and thanks to Paul now have every clip for the car, brand new, was waiting for the alusive grey clutch clip. Paul came up trumps !! Thursday taking the diff to Coventry to be overhauled, the guy is going to take the diff out of the casing while i wait so i can bring it home to be powder-coated and then off to Birmingham to pick up my sound deadening pad !! sounds a good un, axle casing went to the powder -coaters yesterday, waiting for Gartrac to get back to me with the figures after my meeting with David last week, it was like Santa,s grotto down there !! felt like a kid in a sweet shop !! so all in all moving on towards the end result................., hopefully,

Comment

Hi Ian,
                    the alusive grey clutch clip..never seen that one!..if its the one on the chassis leg then thats for the speedo cable.

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

Hi Ders, i bow to your superior knowledge !! yes it was obvioulsy very ilusive !!, your right, the grey speedo clip, thanks, hows the Mex getting on ?, theres a story about those mudflaps that i,ll share with you when i see you next, just remind me,

Comment

Ian i will remind you about the mudflaps everytime i see you lol

If you break a clip and need a spare you know where to come.

The mex shell is still being stripped down, not much left on it now. There is the nasty job of removing underseal/wax etc still to come. Hoping to get it to the bodyshop sometime in January.
                        Meanwhile still gathering bits..which is enjoyable in itself, as you will know.

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

Ders, just remind me once or twice, that,ll do, f-cking Ebay, theres always one that spoils it, I hope to have the shell back towards the end of January, then the fun and games begin, i cant wait to put the first clip on, that alone hear the thing run !! I,m aiming for NEC in October, pennies permiting Heres a clue to the mudflaps, do you know anyone who wants a brand new set of mudflaps ?? three have the large Ford emblam, any guesses what the other one has ?? put it this way, i,m on the hunt for a brand new mudflap with the large Ford logo, regards Ian

Comment

on the ball this time LOL more worthers bits, I will let Ian do the speil

Comment

that block and exhaust came out very well mate

Comment

Cheers Brian, thanks for putting them up, yeah the block and manifold look even better in the flesh well pleased, as for Worthers, looking abit sorry for herself at the mo, took a load of pics again today, only cleaned the inside of the casing so i could get rid of all the sand from the blasting, that should be ready on Monday, need to take the diff casing up there next, then get the rebuilt diff re-fitted, picked up my deadening pad yesterday, pretty pleased with that, now need to do some work !! i would recommend the camcoating if anyone is thinking about it, it was £300 for the block, manifold and heatsheild and "chroming" of the downpipe, went that way to match up with the stainless steel two box exhuast,

Comment

Working...
                                X