WORTHERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WORTHERS

Had the car four weeks now, been on axle stands three and a half weeks, spent aprox 30 hours so far on the underneath, going through the ziebart and getting through to the factory underseal and primer, completed about 75%. Havent found any rot at all, both wells perfect, still retaining their factory underseal, and the masked off sections around the petrol tank sender and gauge sender and on the spare wheel bung, inside the chassis rails, around the tunnel, the paint is as good as on the car, outside of the rails where the factory underseal was, has now been removed, up to the edges of the outer seals, again perfect, have now gone right up to the bulkhead seam on both sides and again no rot at all, Today removed the nosecone, came off perfectly, sprayed every bolt with wd40 half an hour before i started, nothing broke, behind the nosecone its brilliant, no rot at all, not evern the light supports, no rot on the front valance at all, better than i could ever have expected, spent two hours on each of the lights taking apart and cleaning, all the interior is now in the loft, wrapped and put into one corner for safe keeping, have now removed rear bumper, spoiler, lights, petrol tank, badge and decals, YES, when i do sus out how to post pics, believe you me, i will, so far so good,

mail them to me mate brian@rs2000.me.uk

Comment

sounds good ian ...how have you done the seats i hope its not in plastic as this will make them sweat and go all ****ed..?
      sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

seeing as you have just bought it, shouldnt you be driving it around for a bit first??and not taking it apart?? if its as good as you say, why the bloody hell are you taking it apart????

Comment

Good point Lee, it is as good as i say, however, its not how i want it, its going to be better,, i hope, just a personal thing really, Brian will take some better ones Friday, and post them off to you, thanks for doing it, maybe tomorrow you could call me, talk me through it, ??

Comment

Worthers the Pictures

Comment

they look like rebuild pics not a restro

Comment

would've used it a bit myself but i know what you mean, if it's not how you want it then things have to be changed.
                Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

she looks great

Comment

she looks perfect allready
                    sigpic

Comment

please dont think i was having a go ian, it is as good as you say, and it is summer.............hello do all that in the winter man, when you dont want it on the road!!

Comment

Lee, i value all comments, however its just the way i am, wont be happy till i,ve got it where i want it, i dont mind how long it takes, just happy to own one again,

Comment

Ian - that looks mint

you would be mental to re-paint that!

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

Ders, its not as mint as yours !! lol. It is very good, however, as i,ve said before, not as i would like it, i want to know that whats below me is 100%, not 99%

Comment

Just a short update, still working on the floor, although coming to the end now, thankfully, havent found anything nasty at all, have now reached right up to the bulkhead, the Ziebart is really thick and sticky here, using a heat gun is helping, but i keep burning my fingers !!, Have spoken to a recommended bodyshop that John Hughes put me onto, he can take the shell, late August, giving me plenty of time to remove the last few bits and the basic engine now that all ancillieres have been removed, She,s looking pretty sorry for herself at the mo, put i,m confident it wont be for too long before she,s on her way back, keep looking at the shell thinking, am i doing the right thing, and the same answer keeps coming back, YES, to take the car where i want to, this needs to be done,

Comment

Working...
                              X