Out of disaster comes ...more bloody work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of disaster comes ...more bloody work

As some of you may know i competed at the AGBO stages on sunday 23rd march this year and had.............shall we say a little insident with a tree stump resulting in my codriver having to be cut out of the car,and this level of damage

To the shell.
    The car is destroyed and shelling it is the only option. So 5 days after the rally i bought this

And will be doing a full resto and rebuild to the standard of my last car.
    It will take a couple of weeks to get started on it as i'm still stripping my white car. But plenty of updates will follow.

BEG232V is dead

Nice one Mike, shame about the other, really enjoyed watching the build on here. Good that you both got out relatively unscathed.

Keep the photos coming. John.
    Gone to the Dark Side but still lurking!

Comment

that is a painful hit, did your co driver and yourself get out ok ?

Comment

Originally posted by mark2marty View Post
        that is a painful hit, did your co driver and yourself get out ok ?
        Sean my codriver had to be cut from the upturned car, the air ambulance landed near by but we both went to hospital via road ambulance, i was fine but sean had his foot trapped in the car and luckily it was just cut and bruised, he walked out of the hospital along side me later that day

Comment

good to hear you both walked out of hospital with no broken bones. Is your new shell an rs, keep the nosecone on to be different on the stages?

Comment

Onward and upward mate At least it's only the car that's was a write and not the occupants
            sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear everyone got out safe, good luck with the new build, looks a nice project!

cheers, Stu.

Comment

Can only echo the other comments glad you're both okay.

As a point of interest, from this accident is there anything you would do the new shell to improve side impact protection? Apart from drive a bit slower of course
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by TugsW View Post
                  Can only echo the other comments glad you're both okay.

As a point of interest, from this accident is there anything you would do the new shell to improve side impact protection? Apart from drive a bit slower of course
                  Yeah this one is going to have a weld in cage and cross door bars

Comment

Good to see you were both finally ok, looked like a nasty one.

Comment

Some pics of how it is at the moment

Comment

All the RS front end is going for sale

Comment

Sorry about the white one but as said great your both ok as it looks like it caught the car in the wrong place. make the new one stronger and better!!!

Comment

A friend of mine who came to the agbo rally sent me this picture of how we ended the rally

And obviously this is the reason for the new build

Comment

Shit that

Comment

Working...
                              X