Classic Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loydpg View Post
    I've used Classic Trim for a few things over a few years on my Mk2 RS Mexico like door seals, rear light seals, gutter trim etc, not too bad. The boot carpet I must say was of good quality material. But I was advised not to use their window seals by a car restorer, they tend to split on sharp corners, especially the rear side windows near to the base of the "C" post. I was told the rubber is a bit harder than the original Ford rubber seals. Otherwise I found the firm good to deal with.
    Sorry, I realized after looking at some of the receipts for parts and trim etc, wrong company...I meant Kent Trim. I've never used Classic Trim so I can't give an honest opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by loydpg View Post
      Sorry, I realized after looking at some of the receipts for parts and trim etc, wrong company...I meant Kent Trim. I've never used Classic Trim so I can't give an honest opinion.

Don't really understand how he is still in business, I gave him 48hrs to turn up with my goods before I paid him a visit, ohh surprise surprise they appeared, his a brave man as its not hard to find his workshop.

Failing that he is just plain stupid.
      CheeRS

Mickey Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by mickeystewart View Post
        Don't use them, the guy is a con artist.

Took me 3 months to get a set of seats off him, not until I lost my rag and threatened him which is not the correct way but worked did I get my seats.

Stay clear of classic trim.
        Originally posted by brettconnors View Post
        mickey

had to do the same thing myself, he just takes the p*ss, untilyou lose your rag with him

Brett
        are you two guys available for any freelance work i have a guy up here in glasgow not paying up what he owes me

Comment

Strange as my console is spot on and was delivered within 3 days.

Comment

I recently purchased one of his consoles for my Mk1 Mexico and I must say, the quality is excellent. The only problem I had was that it didn't come with the gear lever gaiter and it took several messages and a few weeks before this arrived. I'd heard a few stories similar to those above, so decided it was best to buy via eBay as at least I knew I'd get my money back if everything went pear-shaped.
            Cheers,
            Tom
            Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like if you want the part from him, go and get it in person.
              Then you can inspect it, pay for it, and collect it, with no hassle.
              Just a wee day out.
              We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

classic 'missing' trim

does he want his business to fail ? or has he just got a bad memory? does he do any of the shows as this might be the best way other than visiting him to buy and actually get the stuff .
                what i need is a high horse like the others have !

Comment

Originally posted by tomdalton View Post
                  I recently purchased one of his consoles for my Mk1 Mexico and I must say, the quality is excellent. The only problem I had was that it didn't come with the gear lever gaiter and it took several messages and a few weeks before this arrived. I'd heard a few stories similar to those above, so decided it was best to buy via eBay as at least I knew I'd get my money back if everything went pear-shaped.
                  Cheers,
                  Tom
                  I was exactly the same I'd heard good as bad so did the same eBay paypal method . Mine did come with gaiter though

How have you attached your gaiter ?

Comment

I haven't actually attached the gaiter yet Lee, as I wanted to wait until it was in the car so I could get the height correct (the Mexico is undergoing restoration at the moment so it will be a while before I get to that stage). I'm not quite sure how I'll go about fixing it in place, but have it in the back of my mind that those little clips that hold the headlining in place might do the job. I think the original ones might have just been glued in place.
                    Cheers,
                    Tom

Comment

Ah right will have to have a look and see what I can come up with

Comment

As said by others , pay cash on collection at his place or buy at shows . Simples .
                        sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
                        Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
                        12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Don't buy from him full stop, bloke is con man !

Hope his business crashes
                          CheeRS

Mickey Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by mickeystewart View Post
                            Don't buy from him full stop, bloke is con man !

Hope his business crashes

i second that

Comment

Working...
                            X