SA 1600 Sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA 1600 Sports?

After selling my mk2 RS200 over 4 years ago now & buying my S1 turbo which I hardly use, I still find myself looking at MK2's for sale.
    Should I sell the S1 & buy another MK2 i keep asking myself!
    A lot for sale now seem to be 1600 Sports from South Africa. But most have no history, over priced? Also are the front spoilers on them the same as the Mexico front spoilers?
    On the positive side they seem to be more solid shells & I could build a nice car.
    What's your thoughts?
    sigpic

Originally posted by RS2000CHRIS View Post
    After selling my mk2 RS200 over 4 years ago now & buying my S1 turbo which I hardly use, I still find myself looking at MK2's for sale.
    Should I sell the S1 & buy another MK2 i keep asking myself!
    A lot for sale now seem to be 1600 Sports from South Africa. But most have no history, over priced? Also are the front spoilers on them the same as the Mexico front spoilers?
    On the positive side they seem to be more solid shells & I could build a nice car.
    What's your thoughts?
    I think you have to keep open minded and take the car for what it is! It might not suit everyone, but if you can get a good car from S Africa and it's everything you want then why not, it would obviously be better than a knackered example from the uk! History is not everything for a car of this age, it could have had one owner and he could have been a rally driver! The spoiler you talk about seems to be fitted to all South African models, all depends if you want to keep it original or make it like a uk model!

Tim

Comment

I think you should also consider Aus rally packs... 2.0liter and far more comfy
      sigpic

Comment

Chris i am on my second SA sport .1st a nordic blue one did lakes tour 2015 . Sold it as also have an s1 turbo . But in the grip of winter realised i havnt got a car to do the tour in in 2016 .. on with the search and found what i believe to be a stunner ( big head!!) Its in sunflower yellow and although i payed plenty met a few at heaves that had also been bidding on it and said do i want to sell it . No is the answer , its not a mex or rs but its mine , jim

Comment

Does it matter about it not being a mex or Rs??
          Sports are still highly desirable
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOUIE View Post
            Does it matter about it not being a mex or Rs??
            Sports are still highly desirable
            Exactly my point .. sure some look down but not the true enthusiasts

Comment

Originally posted by crusader View Post
              Exactly my point .. sure some look down but not the true enthusiasts
              Let em. There's always those in any form of club... Sports had the 1600 cross flow after all the mex had a 1600 boat anchor
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOUIE View Post
                I think you should also consider Aus rally packs... 2.0liter and far more comfy
                Louie what did the Aus rally pack include? I've never heard of these.
                Although I've always had RS's I've always liked the Sports too.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000CHRIS View Post
                  Louie what did the Aus rally pack include? I've never heard of these.
                  Although I've always had RS's I've always liked the Sports too.
                  Ill see if I can did some pics out... But flat front shell, Rs seats, 2.0 pinto and rubber front and rear spoilers..
                  Like the rs2000 here they have them in a 4 door
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X