interesting mk2 mex document.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting mk2 mex document.

So I go on the Snowdonia tour, first time in my life and I loved it, well done to the guys, they do a tremendous job! this year the weather didn't want to work with them, in fact, it couldn't have been worse, this resulted in the cars driving through flood water on more than one occasion. the carpet under my feet soon became sodden and having to go to work in New Zealand for two weeks directly after the tour I chickened out of the sunday in order to go home and remove the carpet from the mex as I couldn't bare the thought of it sweating and festering in the garage whilst I was away. I removed the seats, parcel shelves, etc.. then on to the carpet, it soon became obvious to me that I was the first person to lift the carpet since it was fitted in Germany, it was very well stuck down into the sound deadening so i took great care! Under the passenger side, still dry, I found this interesting build print-out stating vin code, trim colour etc... the cars birth certificate if you like! it put a smile on my face, I found a little rust but nothing too scary, car is all dried out now but not back together yet!

mexdoc11small.jpg

mexdoc15small.jpg

[ATTACH]16844[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16845[/ATTACH]

Comment

Wow, a very interesting artefact, I remember learning about punched paper tape in school computer studies

Comment

[ATTACH]16846[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16847[/ATTACH]

Comment

Nice little find! I used to carry out pre delivery inspections on various makes of new cars during the 70's and amongst other things this is the kind of stuff we would find hanging about loose in the car from time to time. The valet shop soon resorted anything like this to the bin in the final preparation for delivery to the customer. On this occasion you were lucky that the factory fitter was not too bothered and left it in while fitting the carpet, which saved it from the bin and preserved it all those years until 2016 for you to find and cherish it!

Tim

Comment

Wonder if you could get it read nowadays
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X