No announcement yet.

The corgi Harrier restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello mate, have you cleaned the bare metal with something?

Comment

Originally posted by Ciran Carton View Post
      Hello mate, have you cleaned the bare metal with something?

All I've done is clean all stone chip off with heatgun and scraper, easiest if you can heat the metal from behind instead of heat directly onto the stone chip.

I also use poly cleaning wheels that fit on the grinder, see link. Or wire wheels that also fit the grinder.

On the pic of under the heater bowel area that looks like it's had something brushed on, has just been treated with a rust converter.

Comment

What rust converter did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Ciran Carton View Post
          What rust converter did you use?
          I've been using this, bought from my local paint suppliers.

Ferrobetol Rust Inhibitor
          Industrial Rust remover and inhibitor. For use during the preparation of metalic surfaces after mechanical rust reduction and before primer coating of paint.

Comment

love these cars

its coming along well there pal,keep going.i love harriers,i missed out on a mint white one in 1989,it was a peach,but sadly I already owned a mint white mk1 astra gte,i only had it 2 weeks when the harrier came up for sale as the guy who was selling it was after his first house,so the harrier had too go.l would love one,one day,one day...keep the pictures coming...

Comment

some really good work going on there, rust in all the usual places😏well done tho👍

Comment

Originally posted by andy1600i View Post
                I've been using this, bought from my local paint suppliers.

Ferrobetol Rust Inhibitor
                Industrial Rust remover and inhibitor. For use during the preparation of metalic surfaces after mechanical rust reduction and before primer coating of paint.

http://www.kentpaint.co.uk/cgi-bin/s...ml%23a945#a945
                I used something similar firtan, looks like its the same once its dried. Just wanted to ask your opinion on it. Thanks

Comment

Slam panel and inner radiator side support panels all fitted along with cross member. I wanted to paint the inside of the front cross member as this won't be seen once the front panel is in place. I also painted the area between the inner and outer panel whilst it was easily accessible.

Whilst I had the spray gun out I thought I would paint the back of the front panel before fitting. The welded areas have been painted with weld through primer and then masked up.

Front panel all lined up and welded in place.

Comment

wow great work

Comment

Thanks all for kind words and support.

I haven't been near the car for a couple of weeks due to work. But i did decide I wasn't completely happy with the rear wing repairs and so off it came. The new one is almost ready to fit but does need a little more fettling when i get time before it gets welded in place.

Door fitted to help line up new panel. Front wing and bonnet have also been temporarily fitted to ensure everything is in the right place.

Comment

great work, not covering up any rot. keep at it & keep us updated.

Robert
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prs View Post
                          great work, not covering up any rot. keep at it & keep us updated.

Robert
                          That's the plan, the car has got to be good for many years to come.

Comment

So I've managed to do a little more the last couple of weeks. Outer tub of and replaced.

Tub fitted and painted.

Rear quarter all prepped and ready to fit.

Comment

Stunning effort, making a stunning job of it and she will be stunning when done

Comment

Originally posted by donnie View Post
                                Stunning effort, making a stunning job of it and she will be stunning when done
                                Thanks Donnie

Comment

Working...
                                X