Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did it start life as?

Comment

That's a good question the log book and vin tags say it's a 74 M reg 1300 sport in purple. But this shell has never been purple in its life. The shell is definitely earlier than 74. But with these cars at this age who knows it's true history!!!
      There was no chassis number on inner wing when I got it so I have no way of finding out. My guess is that's it was a 1100 or 1300 L in Miami blue.

Comment

don't ken what it was either will need to ask nick but a know what its going to be a very nice example of a mk1 mexico yellow n black of course as long as you keep hanah away from it don't think you can get pink in 2k lol but if you can a can get the flowers done for you ma pal has got a decal machine and the choice of flowers is outstanding lol

Comment

A bit more done tonight trial fitted floor and screwed front panel into place and refitted landing panel. Thanks Scott.

Comment

Wow some extensive good work going on there!!!!

How do you get the floor panel into the car

Comment

another step in the right direction pal looking brilliant now a told you it would be in primer by xmas front end coming on a treat too keep up the hard graft

Comment

Put floor in from underneath as chassis legs where missing, even at that it was a tight squeeze took a bit of time to get it in. All the marks I put on the frame worked out a treat to locate floor in right position. Will get front end all welded up now and get back to the floor later.

Comment

Originally posted by malkys mk2 View Post
                  That's a good question the log book and vin tags say it's a 74 M reg 1300 sport in purple. .

Never seen a purple velvet Sport - would one a nice spec to built it back into.

Comment

If the shell and log book had all matched up and there was anything of the original car left I probably would have put it back to a sport, but the shell is definitely older so I'll just built my Daytona yellow Mexico replica.

Comment

Finally got battery tray welded in and front panel all screwed into place just to check it all fits ( sort off ) once i get the back of front panel painted ill weld it in place.

Comment

looking good you've been a busy boy told you it will be in primer for xmas that's a big milestone completed onto phase 2 now you are finished the front end floor rear tubs n rear quarter next and chassey legs then your nearly there you have certainly put some life back into that wee car another one saved keep up the good work keep the pics n progress coming

Comment

Working...
                        X