Rise in Road Tax ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JJM View Post
    I know its weird-but based on emissions as shown in your link-diesels are a lot cleaner than the smaller petrol variant-so i dunno how they think they are more polluting-unless its something other than CO2?
    Like them or not, this is what the EU said:

As Britain is sued by the European Commission for breaching pollution limits, drivers of diesel motor vehicles are warned that they face higher costs

Tim

Comment

Still no tax on two wheels

Keep fit, look riduculas but save £100's, in tax, get one of these and they increase in value like our cars

Best Regards
      Phill
      AVO 5001

Comment

Tis ridiculous really-typical politicians back tracking etc. They want everyone to use buses-but guess what if we all did the emissions would be way over what they are now-not to mention hgv's etc...i wish i could use public transport but its just not feasible-i have to visit my dad twice a day 5 miles away and have a dog with issues lol so that wouldnt work-plus it would cost a hell of a lot more than running my car its like £3 a journey on the bus-twice a day 20 miles total-£6 which is a gallon of fuel and i can do triple that distance in the car for the same money-and i couldnt imagine doing the shopping on the bus! This country sucks sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by JJM View Post
          Tis ridiculous really-typical politicians back tracking etc. They want everyone to use buses-but guess what if we all did the emissions would be way over what they are now-not to mention hgv's etc...i wish i could use public transport but its just not feasible-i have to visit my dad twice a day 5 miles away and have a dog with issues lol so that wouldnt work-plus it would cost a hell of a lot more than running my car its like £3 a journey on the bus-twice a day 20 miles total-£6 which is a gallon of fuel and i can do triple that distance in the car for the same money-and i couldnt imagine doing the shopping on the bus! This country sucks sometimes.
          I believe we should all have cars if we want and not be made to feel guilty about owning one. Ever since the global warming story arrived, it's become quite an anti-car society! Car owners have been clobbered from all directions, what with car tax, petrol costs, tolls, congestion charges, parking charges, parking fines to say a few! It's our independence and it should be our choice if we want to use public transport or not! We had a brilliant railway system up until the early 60's when Dr Beeching made his report and in indecent haste he destroyed the railways all in favour of road transport. Even the land from the railway track was sold off making it even more difficult and very costly to restore them if the need was to return! Public transport is expensive so there is little to attract the motorist away from his car!

Tim

Comment

Working...
          X