Rallye Sport Escorts - Home of


Rallye Sport Escorts

The fun, free, friendly and informative forum for all AVO & RS MKI & MkII Escorts incl Motorsport Variants




Go Back   Rallye Sport Escorts - Home of "The Works Team" - Ford - Rally - Escort - MKI - MKII - RS - AVO - RS1600 - Twincam - Mexico - RS Mexico - RS1800 - RS2000 - Motorsport Variants > Main Forum > Main Message Centre

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 13-01-2021, 06:45
Glenn Wallace Glenn Wallace is offline
Member

Skilled
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Redmond, Washington, USA
Posts: 75
Gameroom cash: $
Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Broadstripe stripes

Who are the go-to suppliers for Mk 2 RS2000 broadstripe stripes?

My previous owner painted them on the car which I will get fixed, the only place I found was these guys which seem much cheaper than I expected.

https://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/238/esco...e-kit#overview
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 13-01-2021, 12:04
katana katana is offline
Senior Member

Skilled
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 748
Gameroom cash: $
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Wallace View Post
Who are the go-to suppliers for Mk 2 RS2000 broadstripe stripes?

My previous owner painted them on the car which I will get fixed, the only place I found was these guys which seem much cheaper than I expected.

https://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/238/esco...e-kit#overview
For what they are i'd say that was an expensively fair price! Query - if the stripes are painted, why change as I would prefer a painted stripe rather than a decal any day - originality only goes so far with me, as practicality trumps all!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13-01-2021, 13:18
Miniliteman's Avatar
Miniliteman Miniliteman is offline
Senior Member

Skilled
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,567
Gameroom cash: $
Thanks: 4
Thanked 90 Times in 71 Posts
Default

DMB is well known for their Ford stickers / graphics.
And they are nice guys too!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miniliteman For This Useful Post:
Glenn Wallace (13-01-2021)
  #4  
Old 13-01-2021, 16:43
alancdavis's Avatar
alancdavis alancdavis is offline
V5 Sales Prevention Officer

Skilled
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cumbria
Posts: 13,841
Gameroom cash: $
Thanks: 120
Thanked 46 Times in 45 Posts
Default

looks a fair price
__________________


Back with a MK1
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13-01-2021, 16:54
Glenn Wallace Glenn Wallace is offline
Member

Skilled
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Redmond, Washington, USA
Posts: 75
Gameroom cash: $
Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana View Post
For what they are i'd say that was an expensively fair price! Query - if the stripes are painted, why change as I would prefer a painted stripe rather than a decal any day - originality only goes so far with me, as practicality trumps all!
I think the placement is slight off, and it has a weird rough texture, almost like a crackle/sandpaper feel finish.... so that's a bit weird.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13-01-2021, 17:46
katana katana is offline
Senior Member

Skilled
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 748
Gameroom cash: $
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Wallace View Post
I think the placement is slight off, and it has a weird rough texture, almost like a crackle/sandpaper feel finish.... so that's a bit weird.
I suppose it would be a (not insurmountable) problem to align a stripe to bumper returns that aren't fitted whilst spraying but badly sprayed is a different ballgame - sound like a paint reaction of stripe to base!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13-01-2021, 20:13
Glenn Wallace Glenn Wallace is offline
Member

Skilled
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Redmond, Washington, USA
Posts: 75
Gameroom cash: $
Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana View Post
I suppose it would be a (not insurmountable) problem to align a stripe to bumper returns that aren't fitted whilst spraying but badly sprayed is a different ballgame - sound like a paint reaction of stripe to base!
I honestly think it is the paint they used. It feels like 100 grit sandpaper.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump








All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:16.



Proudly Hosted by ickleH Hosting
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.06871 seconds with 13 queries