X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go 500

Comment

Garmin Nuvi 2599 LMT-D.
      Gone to the Dark Side but still lurking!

Comment

Originally posted by Miniliteman View Post
        Kev,

could you do a little test please with your equipment ?
        Set a destination far away from where you are, say Amsterdam.
        Then after it has plotted the route see how far away from the start the TomTom gives actual traffic-info.
        Just read somewhere that it only gives Traffic Info for about 100 miles around where you are.

Thnx, Leon.
        Surely you don't need to know the traffic info anymore than 100 miles away as the traffic situation is changing constantly ,100 miles is roughly 1.5 hours away
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ W View Post
          Surely you don't need to know the traffic info anymore than 100 miles away as the traffic situation is changing constantly ,100 miles is roughly 1.5 hours away
          If route 1 is blocked 150 miles in, then route 2 was probably better to follow in the first place.
          Think Operation Stack on the M20

Comment

A Sat Nav with welsh attitude!Taken from QI series G episode 4 - Geography

Comment

waste of money

if i relied on any of the four sat navs i've bought over the years i'd never get home without running out of driving hours the most infuriating invention ever

Comment

Originally posted by vannin View Post
                if i relied on any of the four sat navs i've bought over the years i'd never get home without running out of driving hours the most infuriating invention ever
                My TomTom with Livetraffic is one of the best all-time purchases!

Comment

old school A-Z is all you need

Comment

Originally posted by Miniliteman View Post
                    My TomTom with Livetraffic is one of the best all-time purchases!
                    sorry i simply cannot believe that, the ones i used cost me several hundred pounds at least in wasted fuel and lost time, i simply cannot afford to use a sat nav device, i have four in the bottom of a drawer, total cost was over £500 i would have been better off burning the money as at least that way the money would have given me light and warmth for a short time, horrendous horrendous invention that simply does not work and i tried for a couple of years, if you're happy just being in the same county then yes they work a treat but if you need to be closer than that get a road atlas

Comment

Vannin, not going to try to convince you ... but have you tried a TomTom ?

Comment

no i haven't but the problem is i am sooo hacked of with sat navs as they have cost me so much money, a collins road atlas is £15 and it doesn't lie to me, if they worked they would make my working day so much easier but in my experience they don't. if i get the chance i'll try a tom tom but not when i'm working miniliteman, thanks for the tip

Comment

Originally posted by vannin View Post
                          no i haven't
                          Lol, End of argument.
                          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Working...
                          X