No announcement yet.

Project RAC 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim I'll be servicing for Mike Stephenson,we have only got the car fixed today so have not put the entry in yet.Due to low entries you can get a run right upto next Thursday.Had originally planned to do the Open Class but have had a week sorting out a few problems with the clutch (well Mike and Neil have) so with no time to test and make the neccessary arrangements Mike decided its a little too late to chance the full Rally.
    When I know what number we are I'll let you know.
    sigpic

Comment

ill be in dalby saturday so all being well should see the car in there

Comment

The old Yellow srapper passed its MOT this afternoon.
        Drove it round the block to check I had 4 forward gears and reverse and that it would stop then 1/4 mile to the garage and it didn,t brakedown.
        Will post pics later this weekend as I promissed to do it a few weeks ago but wanted to show it all back together.
        sigpic

Comment

yes, pics please,

cheeRS
          sigpic

Comment

Here you go GJ some pics taken today,car back in garage and wheels off ,some small jobs still to do ,plumb in Fire Ext.,re bleed brakes, Door surounds and internals fire proof bulkhead fit number plate properley etc.

A reminder of what it was like a year ago

[IMG]

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r88/Skids-Rallying/RACProject16122007004.jpg[/IMG]

Light weight doors a Skids speciality with a Jigsaw

Fully rewired Dash with trip fuses new dash clocks and center consol

Some othe pics ,rebuilt axle,suspension and brakes

Freshened up the boot area ,couldn't be bothered with hours of sanding so just a lick of paint .

Some of the pudding in the back quarters LOL

There done mine ,lets see some more of the Black Beastie GJ to see how it should be done.Youve got a bit more attention to detail and interior comforts than me.

Treated myself to a new (good quality )Tool Box and the fridge (garage ) to a fresh bit of carpet .

Project also re-named to RAC2008 (if I can afford it .
            Skids
            sigpic

Comment

That is looking a lot healthier now. Job going well my son.
              Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

[quote=Skids;201984]

Fully rewired Dash with trip fuses new dash clocks and center consol

Very good, you have got on quite a bit since the last pics, looks good.

as a matter of interest where did you get the trip fuses from ?

Love the 'Goth' tool box.................

thanks for the update,

cheeRS
                sigpic

Comment

Been thinking about this for quite a few weeks now and I am nearly 100% sure that after the 2.5 year long rebuild of Project RAC which is all but completed the car will be up for sale within the next couple of Months

As the car is all but finished I have got bored with it and cannot see myself parting with a further £1500 to enter and have the car ready for 40 Stage miles of Rallying I enjoy it but not that much, so I will build the spare car up as a Track Car.
                  Will be takeing the Mex to Blyton for a days thrash about before it goes up for sale though
                  sigpic

Comment

Bump
                    Car is up for Sale,then I'll start all over again
                    sigpic

Comment

Bump
                      Re Roll Over Spit
                      sigpic

Comment

Lots of hard work gone in there well done

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

Nearly 9 years since I finished this car thought I would bump this up the first page for the new owner to compare resto pics
                          sigpic

Comment

This is great to see! Thanks very much for bumping that thread and most importantly, for saving that poor car!

Comment

Working...
                            X