Cross member position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross member position

The front end of my Mk1 Mexico has undergone some restoration work. When it came to replacing the cross member I discovered the original mounting holes have disappeared due to the welding in of fresh metal so now I don't know the correct position to mount the cross member. Is there a reference point to measure from to ensure it's mounted in the right position?

Theres plenty drawings on the net i just googled mk1 chassis dimensions &a few came up

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
      Theres plenty drawings on the net i just googled mk1 chassis dimensions &a few came up
      Thanks. Very helpful. The really detailed ones are for 1975 onwards but am I right in thinking the MK1 and Mk2 chassis are the same, it's just the body that's different?

Comment

hi you must bolt on the anti roll bar brackets.your cross member then bolts to these

Comment

Originally posted by Straightcut View Post
          Thanks. Very helpful. The really detailed ones are for 1975 onwards but am I right in thinking the MK1 and Mk2 chassis are the same, it's just the body that's different?
          I believe they are. PM me your emailaddress and I will send you all (Caroliner) pics I have of Mk1/Mk2.

Originally posted by samh View Post
          hi you must bolt on the anti roll bar brackets.your cross member then bolts to these
          Crossmember bolts to the chassisrails.

Comment

Working...
          X