No announcement yet.

My money pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

donnt worry mate we all get the rs blues from time to time especially at this stage when you think your only going backwards ,once the new metal is in you'll have turned the corner

Comment

Keep going...... we all have the blues. When you feel like there is no end and the parts / cost, just keep going up....Look at other people cars and that they are near the end. You say to your self, it can be done...If i build another one it would be a mint car with all the right parts, instead of the hunting and messing and would proably work out cheaper......
      Andy

Comment

yeah andy but not so much fun

Comment

If i think back to winter last year.....it was not much fun but it will be when am doing the lakes tour....how many months left....
          Andy

Comment

Wow i thought my arches were the worst on here !! .
            Sills look good, they`ll look nice on the car and once you see them welded on with new arches on its all worth it.
            I can`t even get my welding started yet . just keep standing in the garage staring at a pile of panels
            sigpic

Comment

Its always worse than it looks so dont worry, it will be mint when finished .

Comment

I can't tell you how much pleasure it gives me and others to see you persevering with a car in the condition you bought it, by working so hard to bring it back to it's former splendour. Anybody with the right money can splash out on a real minter but anyone doing their level best doing what you're doing deserves a lot of respect and admiration. Also a lot of us spend much more money than we wanted on doing these cars up, just can take a little longer to save up, but it's worth it in the end because you've really made it yours and you've finished it to your standard.

Hopefully we will see it finished one day looking immaculate once again and we can then remember the story behind it that brought it back to life.

Keep on going your doing just great.

Tim.

Comment

You know, Tim, I am so glad that I found this site so soon after starting this project. You guys are such a pickmeup when things are not going so well and the amount of technical expertise and plain bloody eagerness to help from you all is staggering. Thanks everyone.
                  As I said before, its my mate Paul who is the hero of the hour. Its frustrating being 250 miles apart as I have to rely on emailed photos and phone calls for updates. He is coming down on Friday to collect some more bits and I am hoping that he will tell me that he has found the time this week to re-attach the front end panels. We will be discussing the labour costs so far and working out a plan of action to tackle the rear end.
                  I'm amazed that I've found the cash to get as far as we have, bearing in mind that we are also in the middle of a major refurb of the house - all credit to my long suffering wife who just rolls her eyes each time the credit card bill drops on the mat....
                  When I get more photos - then you will get more photos!
                  Thanks again guys.
                  Cheers
                  CHRiS

Comment

good effort

my fav a white broadstripe it'll all be worth it when your done and unless your spending silly money to buy one, they all will need a bit of work so in some ways your better off doing it all on a rough one as at the end of it all you'll KNOW all the rots been banished

Good luck with it
                    Cheers Glyn

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbloke View Post
                      You know, Tim, I am so glad that I found this site so soon after starting this project. You guys are such a pickmeup when things are not going so well and the amount of technical expertise and plain bloody eagerness to help from you all is staggering. Thanks everyone.
                      As I said before, its my mate Paul who is the hero of the hour. Its frustrating being 250 miles apart as I have to rely on emailed photos and phone calls for updates. He is coming down on Friday to collect some more bits and I am hoping that he will tell me that he has found the time this week to re-attach the front end panels. We will be discussing the labour costs so far and working out a plan of action to tackle the rear end.
                      I'm amazed that I've found the cash to get as far as we have, bearing in mind that we are also in the middle of a major refurb of the house - all credit to my long suffering wife who just rolls her eyes each time the credit card bill drops on the mat....
                      When I get more photos - then you will get more photos!
                      Thanks again guys.
                      Glad you're finding the site useful, there are some great mates on here to encourage and help out.......most times there's somebody who knows something about what you want know!

I know Paul is doing the practical work but you must take some credit yourself as you are in the driving seat here! It was you who bought the car, you that had the vision deciding you could do something with it and you are responsible for getting it restored back to life.....without you it could of ended up just as a donor car or on the scrapheap!

I look at the pictures on here of the remarkable work being done and sometimes feel I have missed out not tackling the bodywork when restoring my car, but I had enough work with stripping the car down then getting the mechanical bits sorted, and I know that without it taking me a lot of time along with having to learn as I go, I could not have fitted a new front, made repairs and resprayed the whole car in anything like the time a professional could do it....I did not have that sort of time to spend on it and I just wanted to get it done so I could start enjoying it.

You're doing fine.....roll on the next pics!

Tim.

Comment

upmost respect here,for you & paul,great work been carried out,& even bigger patiance by you & your bank account,keep right on it will be worth it,good luck
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, its been a long time coming, my man Paul has been hampered by a busy work schedule and working on his own house, but the Money Pit is back on the agenda and he has sent me these pics today. They show the front end now re-attached to the replacement bulkhead, new inner wing and wing top repair on the other side. New pan and supports for the nearside for a "proper job". Look for yourself, but to say I am chuffed with Paul's workmanship is a huge understatement.

Work starts today on the rear wheel arches/tank well/wheel well then a flip belly up for a bits and bobs on her bottom.
                          I am now trying to imagine it back in my garage, wearing a fresh coat of Diamond White, or Red, or yellow, or.......
                          Cheers
                          CHRiS

Comment

Thats really amazing work there mate.
                            Must be chuffed to see it coming along now.
                            Keep the pics coming
                            sigpic

Comment

Coming together

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

Keep going, its starting to take shape, stunning workmanship....
                                Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X