• Show
Clear All

• Good to see a update m8
    Dont think a have seen this thread before
    Will watch ur progress
    dav

Comment

• Saturdays graft

Evening, well just got in from the Lakestour, so thought I would update off Saturdays graft

First up remove the kick panel stiffener.

[/URL]

Now removed also drilled out spot welds from side.

[/URL]

Very poor repair off years ago also bodged.

[/URL]

Kick panel cut out ready for new one.

[/URL]

Another shot of area.

[/URL]

Rusted out panel.

[/URL]

Lump of bodge that fell out unbelievable.

[/URL]

View from a distance. This side very similar to other side of which is now complete.

[/URL]

Well that's all for now, got some inspiration back today seeing those lovely car's at the show. Beer time to finish off the day

Comment

• Just read this thread from the start,loved it, its a longen, lol and lots of Budweiser
        sigpicSanity is the playground for the unimaginative

Comment

• Originally posted by gazza66 View Post
          Just read this thread from the start,loved it, its a longen, lol and lots of Budweiser
          Well Gazza, its all about the Bud, and a little on the car lol thanks

Comment

• it looks like ya know what your doing with this shell so far...instead of cutting the roof off n replacing why not just weld up the hole in the roof??? you would save alot of time n ive seen this been done but it was with gas bottles n not mig....the roof didnt buckle n once its done ya wouldnt even know it ever had a sunroof

Comment

• canna beat getting the rot out and found worth the effort m8
              dav

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron P. View Post
                it looks like ya know what your doing with this shell so far...instead of cutting the roof off n replacing why not just weld up the hole in the roof??? you would save alot of time n ive seen this been done but it was with gas bottles n not mig....the roof didnt buckle n once its done ya wouldnt even know it ever had a sunroof
                Hi Aaron,
                Not planning to cut the roof off, more un stitching the roof skin from the donor roof and the cars roof skin and grafting the donor skin on. I read somewhere that if you fill the hole in you have to get it spot on in the prep stage to get it right.
                I welcome the comments from everyone, especially ones who have conducted both ways to see which way is easier and best results. Have you done either of these?

Cheers Daz

Comment

• Just noticed this post, not a bad car you got there. hoping mine doesnt take aslong as your has but you have made a very nice job so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by 13sport View Post
                    Just noticed this post, not a bad car you got there. hoping mine doesnt take aslong as your has but you have made a very nice job so far.
                    Well thank you, I didn't plan on taking this long, just other interests got in the way. If I had plodded on and kept the work constant it would of prob been more or less there now

Comment

• Originally posted by DazRS2K View Post
                      Well Gazza, its all about the Bud, and a little on the car lol thanks
                      Ill drink to that
                      sigpicSanity is the playground for the unimaginative

Comment

• Originally posted by DazRS2K View Post
                        Well thank you, I didn't plan on taking this long, just other interests got in the way. If I had plodded on and kept the work constant it would of prob been more or less there now
                        i Know what your saying mate, i got cracked on well with mine at the start (my first mk2 in resto section) but slowed down a bit recently due to being busy and looseing the will to live rubbing filler down, lack of time and cash etc but best to take your time and make a good job than rush it and balls it up plenty like i do lol. will be keeping an eye on your progress.

Comment

Working...
                        X