No announcement yet.

Track car build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well now I can get back in the workshop after all the Tarmac machines are recommissioned and back to work after there Xmas shutdown! So back to it

And lastly spot the mistake one I asked for a -10 outlet for the pump and a left hand swirl pot and got both

It's a easy fix tho as they supply a extra mounting bracket to weld. Next to the existing one so panic over
    sigpic

Comment

Few more now I'm getting back into it again

It won't be ready for this years tour tho
      sigpic

Comment

Good work there Paul , looking like your making good progress
        sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Top work there Paul.

Don't fancy making me up a set of the 15" tub cage brackets do you?

Comment

PAUL
            loving the work mate it looks like mine.
            Where did you get the fire wall from. I put the extra x in mine too
            Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

What engine you going to run mate

Comment

"Coss eh" !!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andyc View Post
                  PAUL
                  loving the work mate it looks like mine.
                  Where did you get the fire wall from. I put the extra x in mine too

Looks like the ralloy one to me!

Comment

Thanks for comments guys the firewall is a ralloy One Andy but I bought it from Motorscope as its cheaper than ralloy direct but I have got a account there !!! Big mistake lol
                    And Petrol heads right ive got a Yb 1/2 built for it, I know I know I said I wouldn't do another cossie mk2 after my mex but I changed my mind OK

Cheers paul
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by paul mex View Post
                      Thanks for comments guys the firewall is a ralloy One Andy but I bought it from Motorscope as its cheaper than ralloy direct but I have got a account there !!! Big mistake lol
                      And Petrol heads right ive got a Yb 1/2 built for it, I know I know I said I wouldn't do another cossie mk2 after my mex but I changed my mind OK

Cheers paul
                      A YOU COULD ALWAYS DO A SWOP WITH MINE

Comment

Originally posted by Andyc View Post
                        A YOU COULD ALWAYS DO A SWOP WITH MINE
                        Might hold you to that bud The engines recently had a rebuild, so I just gave it a freshen up new tappets,gaskets, big wing and gated sump, still spent over a grand on it they just eat frigging money
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thedman View Post
                          Top work there Paul.

Don't fancy making me up a set of the 15" tub cage brackets do you?
                          Sorry mate just spotted that i made the brackets to fit the car and to be dead honest, one side is slightly different dimensions to the other! So chance of them fitting yours is slim And I struggle to find spare time as it is too
                          sigpic

Comment

Paul ,, When you fit the bigger tunnels is it still poss to refit the heater box
                            sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Got the gearbox mounted to a old pinto block and lifted into place to get some idea of clearance issues and make some gearbox mounts , can't recommend the Motorsport tools gearbox tunnel enough fitted great 1st time and in all the right places too

Fitted and looked so good I decided to made a ZF type lever cover and then got the call that my diff was done so jumped In the car and picked it straight up so I could start bolting all the shiny bits back on

Was a bit of a relief when the wheels cleared the calipers but there's loads of room

Thanks for comments it does keep my spirits high when the light at the end of the tunnel fades a bit !!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alancdavis View Post
                                Paul ,, When you fit the bigger tunnels is it still poss to refit the heater box
                                Here's some just for you Alan ! The heater wouldn't fit back in and was about 2inch too tall and after not having a heater in my last one! I was sure as he'll having one this time ?
                                I cut the complete bottom section of the box off and removed the heat direction flap and made a alloy lid for it ! leaving me with hot air up or cold air thru the eyeball vents but no down position option which I can live without

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X