Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Zakspeed ever sell X-pack road cars.. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that belongs down south to a dorset member - has been restored a few years ago now

Trolls brown colour is of that same metallic shade though - having seen the car, it IS very weird

Comment

Interesting and weird stuff on the Ford Workshop Manual. So in 1979 they didn't know how they were going to code 1980 builds! Full marks to the sticky VIN decoder which seems more reliable than the Ford manuals!!

However, I don't think AB would have been Feb 80, as the month codes always follow a pattern:

BRAG
      JUMP
      LYST
      CKDE

so Feb '80 must be AR, non?

Comment

Originally posted by dasadrew View Post
        Interesting and weird stuff on the Ford Workshop Manual. So in 1979 they didn't know how they were going to code 1980 builds! Full marks to the sticky VIN decoder which seems more reliable than the Ford manuals!!

However, I don't think AB would have been Feb 80, as the month codes always follow a pattern:

BRAG
        JUMP
        LYST
        CKDE

so Feb '80 must be AR, non?
        Know what you mean, it does indeed follow that pattern, however the little grey pea inside that thing on top of me shoulders knows Harriers, VIN build prefixes WP,AB (from AB on the large chassis plate was used and was always fitted to the O/S/F wing) and AA, and they were built in batches and in consecutive months. I can't remember having ever heard of an AR Harrier.
        I had a WP my mate had an AB but don't have anything on hand in black and white to prove my point!!!

Comment

oooohh have been having a good old fink about it, and Feb '80 should be AR following the JUMPBRAG pattern. Anyway A=1980, that much is right 4 sure

Comment

I've forgotten what the question was ........

Comment

Just found this

On this forum... http://www.forum-auto.com/automobile...24004-1330.htm
              Mark....

Comment

inconspicuous

now thats a car to get you noticed on the M5 on a friday afternoon

Comment

Mark, what kit is on the car as I think there were two types of front arch to Nosecone fittings, one was a UK kit the other being German.

if the whole nosecone has the X extentions built in its a UK kit (Fibresports kit made for Ford UK), if the extentions are corner units fitted to the production nose cone then this is a german kit.

The X Kit was know in the Ford Lit as Zakspeed Style.

The Morelands Car is a perfect example of a German Car, this is believed to be one of the 6 promo cars. See how the kit fits over the bumper.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Kel,

Mine has the corner bits built into the front arches, so you don't see the seems like you do on the UK cars, so its the same as the Moorlands one basically. Also mine has plastic arch liners built onto all 4 aches.

Do you know what year the Moorlands car is ?

Mark
                    [/quote]ford-rs.co.uk

Mark
                    Ex X-pack owner

Comment

Mark, give Tony a call. Very helpful guy when it comes to X's, helped me a few times with just information and spec's of parts.
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-06-2007, 21:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel View Post
                        Mark, give Tony a call. Very helpful guy when it comes to X's, helped me a few times with just information and spec's of parts.
                        Whos Tony Kel ??

Can you PM me his number please ?

ta,
                        Mark
                        [/quote]ford-rs.co.uk

Mark
                        Ex X-pack owner

Comment

Still none the wiser, 3 years later lol
                          [/quote]ford-rs.co.uk

Mark
                          Ex X-pack owner

Comment

old post i know, wonder what Kel is up to nowadays
                            MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

German style X-pack kit

Hi All, I know this a very old post I'm following up but wondering if anyone knows if the German style x-packs are available in Germany, I know there are uk style ones available but I would like the ones like SKK talks about with the front nose cone corners built into the front wings. Any Help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comment

Theree were 3 different kit types for the rs2000 excluding the minder kit .

Comment

Working...
                                X