Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
    Ms Sturgeon will have to tread very, very carefully.
    She will have to procede to get a second referendum and then explain why.
    Then she will have to explain to the Scots what exiting the United Kingdom union and enter the European Union.
    That means, ceeding virtually all sovereignty to the EU because Scotland will have to sign up to ever closer political union, have to adopt the euro and will have to pay a full fee (no rebate). I'm also not how sure the EU will make it for an independent Scotland as it will mean a new net recipient, not net contributor.
    No one knows what lies ahead but the scots are tired of being run by a Tory westminister government filling their pockets at the working class peoples expense,I really feel for the working class people of England who have fallen for the right wing movements scaremongering and I also think the vote showed shameful racism still exists in large numbers in 2016 Britain.if you didn't interfere in other countries and stand side by side with the USA in illegal wars and kill millions by dropping bombs on them,you would never have had mass migration of frightened people trying to escape the carnage.god help the world if Donald and boris get elected .both from immigrant families by the way

Comment

It's all very simple really

Schedule 5 of the 1998 act , no mandate , no majority, the earliest any Indy 2 ,3,4,5 whatever can happen is 2021

Any legal indipendant referendum can only happen by being granted by the legal powers at Westminster , as Scotland thankfully does not hold this power .

Scottish nationalism is more or less republicisum they have been holding cross water meetings with sinn fein they more or less are in bed together in a bid to rid our country of our nationalist identity , monarchy and all things quintessential British , dress it up any way you like but it's as plain as the spot on my arse.

Comment

Originally posted by 0630154 View Post
        It's all very simple really

Schedule 5 of the 1998 act , no mandate , no majority, the earliest any Indy 2 ,3,4,5 whatever can happen is 2021

Any legal indipendant referendum can only happen by being granted by the legal powers at Westminster , as Scotland thankfully does not hold this power .

Scottish nationalism is more or less republicisum they have been holding cross water meetings with sinn fein they more or less are in bed together in a bid to rid our country of our nationalist identity , monarchy and all things quintessential British , dress it up any way you like but it's as plain as the spot on my arse.
        Alex it's spelt republicanism by the way,I blame the schools

Comment

The songbook at the England game should be good I would imagine

Comment

Originally posted by Rallye View Post
            That will not happen, though Britain leads the way on so many levels.

Brussels has played surrogate mother for so many years we got into a habit of our local opinions being neutralised by other nations.

One way Britain can get back to greatness is with England Wales or NI winning the Euro in Paris on July 10th.
            I'd have thought destroying Great Britain to end up with a union of England and Wales is hardly putting the great back into GB

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohnie View Post
              No one knows what lies ahead but the scots are tired of being run by a Tory westminister government filling their pockets at the working class peoples expense,I really feel for the working class people of England who have fallen for the right wing movements scaremongering and I also think the vote showed shameful racism still exists in large numbers in 2016 Britain.if you didn't interfere in other countries and stand side by side with the USA in illegal wars and kill millions by dropping bombs on them,you would never have had mass migration of frightened people trying to escape the carnage.god help the world if Donald and boris get elected .both from immigrant families by the way
              It's very odd that the Scottish completely dissasociate themselves with anything that goes wrong and that it's always the English or Westminster…
              By the way, many people from the rest of the UK didn't want to take part in the wars that the Scots Blair & Brown took the UK into.
              Like I said, I think Ms Sturgeon will play it very cagey, as she will have to.
              I mean the spectre of the total political union being planned in Brussels will remove the last vestages of national parliaments' sovreignty will probably not deter Scottish voters for voting for the nuclear option, but I suspect that signing up to that and the projects like the euro might put off all but the most ardent nationalists.

Comment

So could you explain why you think the UK voting out of the EU showed racism?

Comment

Alex it's spelt republicanism by the way,I blame the schools
                  Didn't do school much 😱😱😭

Comment

So is that Scotish minister saying she doesn't want to be run by the Parliment in which they have a big say ....but rather join another group in which she will have very very little say ....and have to conform ?? ....That's even if the EU would accept Scotland.

Very simple version I know,

Comment

From what I've seen it was a close call, 51.8% voted out.
                      When this goes ahead I guess the UK can have their own rules again and don't have to listen to the EU no more.
                      What the effects of the Brexit will be, I guess only time will tell.

Comment

I am slightly nervous about what I have voted for but also I am excited as I know we can prosper without the shackles of the E.U..

I think that in a couple of years time we will of wished we had done this 20 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by kas750 View Post
                          I am slightly nervous about what I have voted for but also I am excited as I know we can prosper without the shackles of the E.U..

I think that in a couple of years time we will of wished we had done this 20 years ago!
                          As AndyC said overhere there are rumours of a Nexit but it will not happen soon. Maybe in a few years if and when the UK shown the benefits of leaving the EU. But then it all will collapse.

Comment

I very much doubt it will collapse ..the vote to get out of the EU, is a good thing, most things are back to normal now, EU wants to get trade things sorted out quickly, and companies are not rushing to leave etc....

Remember ....money talks

Comment

Originally posted by kas750 View Post

Well said son.
                              Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Shocked at the result didn't see it happening but as I said earlier a second referendum for Scotland will happen now and we will leave this time.ireland could also get a vote now for reunification I would think
                                A second Scottish referendum will not happen soon as the majority voted to be part of the United Kingdom!. There is nothing in the mandate to give you the chance of a second vote. That decision would be made by whoever is in power be it Labour, Conservative or other!!!.

Comment

Working...
                                X