Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kas750 View Post
    I am slightly nervous about what I have voted for but also I am excited as I know we can prosper without the shackles of the E.U..

I think that in a couple of years time we will of wished we had done this 20 years ago!
    I voted out! I do think in the short term we may suffer in monetary terms. But long term we should be better off!.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohnie View Post
      No one knows what lies ahead but the scots are tired of being run by a Tory westminister government filling their pockets at the working class peoples expense,I really feel for the working class people of England who have fallen for the right wing movements scaremongering and I also think the vote showed shameful racism still exists in large numbers in 2016 Britain.if you didn't interfere in other countries and stand side by side with the USA in illegal wars and kill millions by dropping bombs on them,you would never have had mass migration of frightened people trying to escape the carnage.god help the world if Donald and boris get elected .both from immigrant families by the way
      Wow not the race card!!.....

Comment

Another Scottish referendum!!! It gets me with these politicians, keep having a vote until they get what THEY want, isn't that what happened with the Lisbon treaty in Ireland?
        It will be interesting though, how are the SNP going to fund an independent nation, North sea oil? Why are the SNP so anti westminster but pro Euro commissioners?

All this anti Brexit sentiment is just a joke, democracy remember.

Comment

In the early 70s we singed up to a common market of 9 countries!
          The EU has now become a dictatorship run mainly by Germany.

Comment

I really hope there is not a second referendum.

Our NHS/Roads/Police/Local Government are a ****ing shambles up here.

I wish they would concentrate on making the country better up here rather than chase a ****ing agenda,where if something is good it's is because of what they have done and anything that goes wrong it is westminsters fault.

My worst nightmare is another Scottish referendum and Scotland voting YES and gaining membership of the EU. England is out and therefore we would have almost Cold War passport control/ checkpoints on the M74/A1/A7 and on the railways at Carlisle and Berwick as there would be freedom of travel between Scotland and the EU and preventing travel into England through the back door via Europe.

I don't normally get involved in shit like this, but concentrate on what your were voted into do, rather than a side agenda that gets you on the TV and media every night of the week and eats up shit loads of public cash and time that could be better spent on the countries infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by kas750 View Post
              I am slightly nervous about what I have voted for but also I am excited as I know we can prosper without the shackles of the E.U..

I think that in a couple of years time we will of wished we had done this 20 years ago!
              If you voted for exit then you should be.
              The main reason for exit being reduced (so-called controlled) immigration; this was always a fallacy. The UK exports 45% of its good to the EU, this means it has to at least be in the EEA. This in turn means freedom of movement = no change/reduction of EU immigration levels.

What will be the result Bo-Jo, Gove, Jeremy Hunt or Liam Fox as PM OMG.
              Repealing the Human Rights Charter, companies like Vodafone or BMW (Mini) doing a Hoffmann's.

The splitting of the UK, i.e. a reunited Ireland and Scotland extricating itself from the union.
              It looks like you've been sold a pup

Comment

Sorry ? Just tried to find your facts and figures ...just googled the HM site

We exported 25 billion to the EU ....down on last year
                We imported 41 billion from the EU ...up on last year

As for Scotland and Ireland .....just today the Spanish and French both EU members have indicated both would question or veto the entry into the EU, the New Spanish Goverments response was a lot more forceful than the French tho. And the French have an election soon.

The EU are going to make it hard for the UK ..not because they want to ...it's to stop other countries following on

Maybe we should end on a positive note, the pound and the stock exchange are both rising

Comment

Originally posted by l j shaw View Post
                  Sorry ? Just tried to find your facts and figures ...just googled the HM site

We exported 25 billion to the EU ....down on last year
                  We imported 41 billion from the EU ...up on last year
                  If the UK doesn't get tariff-free access to the EEA, it means imports will be more expensive and UK firms will make less money and products exported from the UK will be more expensive than now, not to mention all goods having to pass customs (massive delays).

As said, the leave campaign promised the "so-called" 350 millions p/w on the NHS. Small problem, firstly the net contribution is only around 160 millions and secondly Leave says it is not so sure they really would have that much net to spend.

To get access to the EEA the UK will have to pay, and it'll probably cost nigh on the same amount as the current contribution with UK rebate.

If the UK does get access to the EEA it will have to permit free movement, so it will have lost its influence in the EU to have gained nothing in terms of controlling immigration.

As for Scotland and Ireland .....just today the Spanish and French both EU members have indicated both would question or veto the entry into the EU, the New Spanish Goverments response was a lot more forceful than the French tho. And the French have an election soon.
                  Maybe both would just force to leave the UK regardless.

The EU are going to make it hard for the UK ..not because they want to ...it's to stop other countries following on
                  Maybe we should end on a positive note, the pound and the stock exchange are both rising
                  Yep, the pound is only 7% down rather than 10

Comment

Yes as you say ....it was 10 now it's 7 ...which is a rise That's because people are staring to be positive,

And the stock markets are higher now than before the vote.

Money talks ...it makes the world go round, and the world is a very big market

Scotland and Ireland may want to leave the UK ...but entry into the EU is not a sure thing, probably the worst position they could be in ...

Comment

Originally posted by thedman View Post
                      I really hope there is not a second referendum.

Our NHS/Roads/Police/Local Government are a ****ing shambles up here.

I wish they would concentrate on making the country better up here rather than chase a ****ing agenda,where if something is good it's is because of what they have done and anything that goes wrong it is westminsters fault.

My worst nightmare is another Scottish referendum and Scotland voting YES and gaining membership of the EU. England is out and therefore we would have almost Cold War passport control/ checkpoints on the M74/A1/A7 and on the railways at Carlisle and Berwick as there would be freedom of travel between Scotland and the EU and preventing travel into England through the back door via Europe.

I don't normally get involved in shit like this, but concentrate on what your were voted into do, rather than a side agenda that gets you on the TV and media every night of the week and eats up shit loads of public cash and time that could be better spent on the countries
                      infrastructure.
                      Totally agree Darren,and you can add the fire brigade to that list of shambles as well, too much political posturing and a distinct lack of substance as well as a total disregard for democracy coming from Hollyrood.

Comment

Yes as you say ....it was 10 now it's 7 ...which is a rise That's because people are staring to be positive,
                        For now, today Vodafone says it is considering moving its HQ out of the UK, Godman Sachs too. If the UK banks do not get the Euro passport they will not be able to trade in the EU and the bankers in Frankfurt are already rubbing their hands. And financial services are a large part of UK gdp…
                        And the stock markets are higher now than before the vote.

Money talks ...it makes the world go round, and the world is a very big market

Scotland and Ireland may want to leave the UK ...but entry into the EU is not a sure thing, probably the worst position they could be in ...
                        I really don't think the pain is going to be worth it. Even more worrying though is if Bo-Jo, Jeremy Hunt or Theresa May get their hands on the keys to No. 10…

Like I said, repealing the European human rights charter, leaving the free-trading area (both of which the UK was a key architect of), having to draw up thousands of new laws as the EU laws will no longer apply…

Not only that but, as said, the possible forced return of millions of Brits living in the EU, I'm not sure how the pressure on services will be eased by that…

Comment

Taking the banking to Germany was always the plan from the main controlling power in the EU, they where talking about that way back in the 50s they also want to move it to Berlin, how long before Brussels is moved to Berlin to ?...and how long before we don't have a say in anything that effects the UK.

People will always move to places they like and love, and live within the laws of that land, and also remain

Look how many companies have left the EU area, because labour cost are cheaper. How long before they move further away ...Asia etc

The French have already said that they will work around any agreement to continue trading

I can see the UK, having the Norway type agreement, in which we do have some control over our laws

Comment

Originally posted by RSGB View Post
                            In the early 70s we singed up to a common market of 9 countries!
                            The EU has now become a dictatorship run mainly by Germany.
                            NOW 28 COUNTRIES 27 WITH OUT THE UK
                            Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrs View Post

Like I said, repealing the European human rights charter, leaving the free-trading area (both of which the UK was a key architect of), having to draw up thousands of new laws as the EU laws will no longer apply…

Not only that but, as said, the possible forced return of millions of Brits living in the EU, I'm not sure how the pressure on services will be eased by that…
                              As I understand it, the UK's withdrawal from the EU will not automatically effect the UK's status as a signatory to the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR). Neither is the ECHR related to the Court of Justice of the European Union (ECJ)
                              The majority of these rights find their way into British law through the UK Human Rights Act, not EU law. With that in mind, I don't agree with your view that we will have to repeal the ECHR.

Comment

I also think that Brits working and living in the EU will apply for visa/work permits (as they currently have to in non EU foreign countries) or even dual nationality rather than be forced to return to the UK.

Whichever way anybody voted, we are where we are and we all need to work together if we want to be a major player on the world stage; exactly as we would have had to had the result gone the other way.

Comment

Working...
                                X