No announcement yet.

My V5c is FINALLY all ready for Tax Free 1st Apr 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if mine is not built in the first 7 days it need to wait ,,,, Guess the DVLA have covered it
    sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Well done Dave, your persistence paid off.

Thanks for sharing.
      sigpic

Comment

I sent V5C, letter from FORD stating year of manufacture and my covering letter at end of Feb...phoned near the end of March and was told everything is in process but no problems.

Was giving them till today and Postie just stuck a dvla letter thro the box...

Excited..even at nearly 65 after 32 years if ownership, I opened the letter and low and behold...no change to date....went online..still 1979!!!

FFS I thought..so straight on the phone...spoke to a very pleasant chap...hold on Mr Harris...came back 5 minutes later..

Slight clerical hiccup..everything is correct but they didn't update it either online or on V5C!!????....new one will be with you in 3-5 days and online soon!!

Anyway..finally happy days!!

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmRs2000 View Post
          I sent V5C, letter from FORD stating year of manufacture and my covering letter at end of Feb...phoned near the end of March and was told everything is in process but no problems.

Was giving them till today and Postie just stuck a dvla letter thro the box...

Excited..even at nearly 65 after 32 years if ownership, I opened the letter and low and behold...no change to date....went online..still 1979!!!

FFS I thought..so straight on the phone...spoke to a very pleasant chap...hold on Mr Harris...came back 5 minutes later..

Slight clerical hiccup..everything is correct but they didn't update it either online or on V5C!!????....new one will be with you in 3-5 days and online soon!!

Anyway..finally happy days!!
          Good luck, hope you get correct V5C. I've just sent mine off via local Post Office, hopefully won't get lost! Famous last words!!! At least I've got a copy of the old one, as suggested by PO!

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post
            My RS2000 SKC 477T was registered March 1979 so not eligible under the registration date for free tax till 1st April 2020

BUT

Its chassis number UR indicates that the build date was October 1978 but on the .gov website it stated manufactured 1979

So I prepared evidence and paperwork to prove to DVLA that this typo requires altering and that come the 1st April 2019 my car is Tax Free due to build date !

Sent all documentation recorded on the 9th Jan 2019 to DVLA

Chased up 2 weeks later - told ring back after 4 weeks from sending

Rang 4 weeks after sending and got this email from THE FRAUD Dept at DVLA cio.vehicles@dvla.gov.uk !

Be warned DO NOT take this email lightly if any of you get one !

If DVLA and their verification procedure do not agree your car is what you say it is then your registration is void and you get a Q plate !!!!!!!!

My car is now verified and my V5c has been updated as requested

So 1st April 2019 my car is tax free

Similar reg on my 1979 car

home18 by alan davis, on Flickr
            sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Originally posted by paul mex View Post
              I had a similar problem last year ! But I didn't send it recorded and it got lost somewhere !!!! I rang dvla and they sent me a copy of my logbook and told me to start again !
              So I did and sent it recorded this time but that got lost in the post again
              This time I was told I had to pay £25 for a replacement logbook as it wasn't dvla,s fault. It was the post offices fault
              Took 3 months altogether but I'm not paying any tax ever again on it
              They really don't make it easy at all
              Very similar story here too, they lost my V5, I had to pay £25 for a replacement, took a couple of months of stress and hassle to finally sort.

Comment

Do the DVLA ever admit to losing documents ?
                sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Just received my new V5C for my RS Mexico this morning, she's now registered as a Historic Vehicle, so no more road tax! Just waiting for the refund!

Comment

I got the 1800 changed to historic tax recently, to my surprise DVLA contacted me to say my Mex now also qualifies so they refunded the tax and a new v5c was enclosed stating historic tax, rather proactive of them I thought

Comment

Originally posted by loydpg View Post
                      Just received my new V5C for my RS Mexico this morning, she's now registered as a Historic Vehicle, so no more road tax! Just waiting for the refund!
                      Received my road tax refund today!

From sending old V5C to DVLA (or whatever their name is) to receiving my new V5C and road tax refund, six weeks! Very surprised, I thought I'd have to chase them like most other government departments!

Comment

I took my V5 into my local post office and they sent off the document to the DVLA, I am still waiting for a new one. It shows online that it's taxed for a year and the MOT status says no results found but the box surrounding the text is the same green as the box surrounding the tax. Does this mean it's MOT exempt or do I have to do something else

Comment

DVLA are not currently processing "paper based" enquiries

If you do a new keeper online then it is automated and new V5 returns within 2 weeks as per normal

V5 returned for taxation class is "paper based"

I would expect a big delay on getting new V5's and then add into this the possibility of your V5 being "held back" for verification and you could be into 3 or 4 months !
                          cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Tell me about it - trying to get a replacement V5 as previous was lost - posted a month ago and cheque hasn't been cashed yet - that's usually immediately done! Ho Hum - the joys of a pandemic, any excuse for the DVLA to perform worst than usual!

Comment

Originally posted by alancdavis View Post
                              Do the DVLA ever admit to losing documents ?
                              no, i hand delivered my documents to swansea and they claimed they hadn't received them until i quoted the womans name on reception, at which point they said "we'll have another look" couldn't find them and had to start again.
                              in the end to renew my licence (and this was emailing them and phoning them every week) it took them 7 months, crazy, absolutely crazy.

N.B send ALL documents to swansea recorded/signed for, you have been warned.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post
                                DVLA are not currently processing "paper based" enquiries

If you do a new keeper online then it is automated and new V5 returns within 2 weeks as per normal

V5 returned for taxation class is "paper based"

I would expect a big delay on getting new V5's and then add into this the possibility of your V5 being "held back" for verification and you could be into 3 or 4 months !
                                Dave the new V5 was issued within 5 weeks, still not sure if it's MOT exempt or not so I will get it tested this week 😎

Comment

Working...
                                X