• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheer Paul,,
    sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

nice work with the heater box,, even if your feet are fallin off atleast you can see the feekin corner cummin up,, and yes that tunnel does look a nice item unlike most the other folded up chud thats no where near,, very nice,,,,

spirts up and welder on ,, looks sweet
      sigpic
      EAST BOUND AND DOWN

Comment

Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
        nice work with the heater box,, even if your feet are fallin off atleast you can see the feekin corner cummin up,, and yes that tunnel does look a nice item unlike most the other folded up chud thats no where near,, very nice,,,,

spirts up and welder on ,, looks sweet
        Yep that was my logic too even in summer when it rains she soon mists up and does ya head in wiping it with the back of ya hand especially when your strapped in and can't reach it
        sigpic

Comment

heater

1st time looked at this. Top idea with the heater box may even pinch your method as I'm not happy with what I've done on my tunnel and may redo. Keep the young fella interested in the real thing rather than computer games.
          All the best Jock

Comment

Originally posted by paul mex View Post
            Here's some just for you Alan ! The heater wouldn't fit back in and was about 2inch too tall and after not having a heater in my last one! I was sure as he'll having one this time ?
            I cut the complete bottom section of the box off and removed the heat direction flap and made a alloy lid for it ! leaving me with hot air up or cold air thru the eyeball vents but no down position option which I can live without

Nice to know Paul. I wasn't going to fit a heater, but the price of a heated screen is about £250 So it may be heater time again
            Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Heater

Sorry bit of a slow thinker should have put this in my last post.
              Another option if you just want screen heat is to use is a 12v hair dryer.
              I'm finishing off another project with one installed and I'll try and put photos in.
              If they appear white h\dryer the handle was modified to a simple bracket also you will see a 12v heater that will supply cabin heat
              Attached Files

Comment

great prep work there, look forward to seeing it progress.

Comment

Well got one inner cut out and the new one in. Used the magnum inner wings and it fits like a glove only thing if they were on a concourse car they have quite a few extra stage marks which would need to be removed but for mine there excellent

On the other side next then
                  sigpic

Comment

Looking good Paul big stage achieved once you get the other side in!
                    Keep plugging & remember there's no substitute for BOOST!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Cheers Chris metal would be a good substitute for Boost at the moment
                      sigpic

Comment

Hows it going Paul
                        Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Originally posted by Andyc View Post
                          Hows it going Paul
                          Keep doing a bit when I find time Had a good chat with Billy x-pack at the lakes (cheers mate) I decided to go with the Airtec rad/intercooler and a lovely bit of kit it looks too.
                          Got the other inner wing in and then opened up the front to get the rads to fit.
                          I'm thinking of making the slam panel removable and bolting it in! As there's not much room between the front pully and the fans ? Any advice welcome

sigpic

Comment

Hi Paul,
                            Nice to meet up with you and Tom at the Lakes Tour. The Car is looking good. I would recommend you make that slam panel bolt in, with the fans fitted you will struggle for space. see you at croft.
                            Regards
                            Bill
                            RSmk11 club member no 61
                            RSOC member no 17765

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Xpack View Post
                              Hi Paul,
                              Nice to meet up with you and Tom at the Lakes Tour. The Car is looking good. I would recommend you make that slam panel bolt in, with the fans fitted you will struggle for space. see you at croft.
                              Regards
                              Bill
                              Hi Bill
                              Have a good look at your breathing system or take a few pics would you ? I've got another list of questions for you two
                              See you Sunday
                              Cheers paul
                              sigpic

Comment

Well managed a bit more progress and managed to get the seat bars welded in the right place and the seats trail fitted . Had a guinea pig test them 1st in the interest of health and safety of course
                                We had to close the garage this Saturday due to the tour de France closing the road! So cycled down to work and spent the morning painting the floor, I did have some help tho

Starting to take shape now it's got a bit of pent on it
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X