The corgi Harrier restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear quarter on really happy with fit.

Passenger side of, cleaned and have been trial fitting new panels. I hope to get the inside painted tomorrow.

Comment

Tub fitted and all painted. Rear quarter just needs fitting.

Comment

Cracking work Andy. Just shows you dont know whats lurking beneath! Looked a lovely car prior to strip down!

Comment

Great workmanship well done Andy.

Comment

Thanks guys. It was a good car to start with Lee, but i always wanted it to be as good as i could get it. I have taken it further than expected with the metal work, but I'm hoping not to have to revisit the bodywork in years to come.

Comment

Top work, love a Harrier
              sigpic

Comment

Well both rear quarters are on. I'm just working around the car sorting the last little bits out. Small bits of welding, door and wing gaps ect.
                The reason for this post is my attention will be on the underside of the floor very soon and paint. Now I want it as close to factory original as I can do it myself. I'm guessing what Mickey Stuart did with his RS2000 broadstipe is similar to what I'm after, so I'm guessing dove grey down the trans tunnel and boot floor, white on the floor plans, chassis and wheel tubs arches under wings with some black over spray in places. Unfortunately with photo bucket I can't see Mickey's thread so does any one have any pictures of an original or there take on how it should be painted. The more pictures the better if you can take some time to help me out.
                I'm also looking towards refubing all the suspension and rear axle, what colours/finishes should the struts axle and all associated bolts be.
                Thanks for any help in advance.

Comment

Top job there no corners cut I'll have to fetch you my mg maestro turbo and let you loose on that

Comment

Originally posted by andy1600i View Post
                    Well both rear quarters are on. I'm just working around the car sorting the last little bits out. Small bits of welding, door and wing gaps ect.
                    The reason for this post is my attention will be on the underside of the floor very soon and paint. Now I want it as close to factory original as I can do it myself. I'm guessing what Mickey Stuart did with his RS2000 broadstipe is similar to what I'm after, so I'm guessing dove grey down the trans tunnel and boot floor, white on the floor plans, chassis and wheel tubs arches under wings with some black over spray in places. Unfortunately with photo bucket I can't see Mickey's thread so does any one have any pictures of an original or there take on how it should be painted. The more pictures the better if you can take some time to help me out.
                    I'm also looking towards refubing all the suspension and rear axle, what colours/finishes should the struts axle and all associated bolts be.
                    Thanks for any help in advance.
                    I'm still after this information/pictures if anyone can help. If it's easier to email me pics please pm me.

Comment

This is a stunning thread keep the posts coming.

Comment

How's this progressing, Andy ?

Comment

Progress has been slow or non existent but I have started to get some more paint on the shell.

I have moved onto stripping suspension parts ready for paint.

Comment

That looks wonderful, so far!

Comment

Worth waiting, looking good and that should give you that extra bit of motivation

Comment

Looking stunning pal, you go to sleep thinking of it and wake the same way, it's a long old road but so worth it in the end, great work and keep the pics coming please
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X