Hope that engines o.k.

Sure youll be back out soon.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
      ooofff!!! Glad you got out of that.

Hope that engines o.k.

Sure youll be back out soon.
      Yes pal the engine is fine but the gearbox is smashed in half and the bellhousing is cracked
      Originally posted by richardpaulh
      Bloody Hell Mike!.........That's one hell of a knock.
      The tree stump you hit......is it that small one next to the car?

Glad to hear both are OK.
      Yes it was the stump that is next to the car. After the crash the marshals put a bail therebit fe cking late

Comment

Good luck with the new car!!

Her is video of an swedish rally driver, also having an argue with a three stump....:

Comment

looks nasty would a full magnum floor,chassis rails, roof and sills let it live again

Comment

Originally posted by mark2marty View Post
            looks nasty would a full magnum floor,chassis rails, roof and sills let it live again
            No as it would also need a bulkhead,bulkhead top,pair of chassis legs,N/S quarter panel and so on

Comment

Not got a great deal done on this shell yet

Besides making the roll over spit from flatpack. Hoping to have it on the spit tomorrow then pics to follow

Comment

Its pretty bloody rusty

Comment

Thought i'd try a small area using bilt hamber deox gel, i'll post results of it tomorrow

Comment

Christ! Who knitted that?? You got your work cut out alright

Comment

Them bloody pigeons get everywhere , theyve been shitting all over the underside of the car son
                      sigpic

Comment

Made the very briefest of starts

Comment

Looks like the Deox-gel is a good product after all

Going to start to cut up BEG this weekend

Comment

Dont know whether this is of any use to you Mike, but I've got a shot blaster coming in to do my van in a couple of weeks. He blasted it about 4yrs ago and I primed the shell but never got around to getting the resto work started on it. I've got the shell booked in somewhere now so I'm getting the van blown over again. Might be easier for you than stripping it with chemicals & hard graft
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4parajon View Post
                              Dont know whether this is of any use to you Mike, but I've got a shot blaster coming in to do my van in a couple of weeks. He blasted it about 4yrs ago and I primed the shell but never got around to getting the resto work started on it. I've got the shell booked in somewhere now so I'm getting the van blown over again. Might be easier for you than stripping it with chemicals & hard graft
                              I have a shot blaster jon! I'm just getting sorted in a new unit and trying the rust stuff

Comment

There's a bit of a story of life in the floor of that!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X