Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFE 800V's ==ITS NEARLY THERE 09/05/05 = p12

Thats a lie its in my Garage not Ernest

well started today with kids under foot and this is what it looks like so far the heater dome thing is cleaner in the first pic just a bit of water to seeif it would come off phew it did LOL

took off the heater/bulkhead cover and this was below :cherry: surprisingly sound apart from the edge behind the head for about 7"

Battery tray anyone ?

by the way how do you remove that braket for the water bottle? please ?

more to do tomorrow without the boy here

Doen't look to bad mate,if i remember right there is a stud on the washer bottle bracket and the nut is up in the wheel house ps took a few pic's myself today but can't seem to post them?

Comment

Washer bottle fixing is as described - one stud with nut in wheel house.

Nice to see someone else appreciates those convenient tool trays which Ford designed on each side of the engine.

Comment

Cheers Both

paul crackermac
        re photos use this link and follow instruction for uploading http://www.redslate.co.uk/upload/ supplied by topaz

Comment

Day2 and the Engine G/box and front struts out at bloody last was a real pain well all seems quite solid just a few niggly bit to do but nothing serious by the look of it battery tray is well rusty but only surface top no bottom
          so onwards and upwards

Comment

Never be surprised at the multitude of ways that an RS can conceal corrosion - be absolutely unforgiving with the prodding screwdriver now you've gone this far. Others learnt the hard way and had to do two restorations. I'm curious on one of the fotos, the chassis number appears to be engraved twice ?

Comment

its as you say done twice but the inner version ends 20 and the outer 22 thats the only differnce no one can explain why though, maybe the chassis was put out os sequence on the producton then put back in and then they noticed two cars with the came chassis number ????? you've got me though

Brian

ps I had a prod around with a sharp "stick" and it all seems solid enough theres cartloads of wax oil everywhere though

Comment

Blimey you have been busy! tried to follow that link to post some pic's but im afriad me+computer's just dont get along,gona spend the best part of tomorrow on it hopfully have some pic's for thursday

Comment

doesnt look too bad , im in the same boat mate...
                  sigpic

Comment

cant believe its 7 months looked at the first post LOL

well had another tear at it today got some inspiration and money LOL

sent away the servo bracket and ARB to be shot blasted and powered coated

I cleaned up the gearbox and painted it

the inner wings are taking an age to get all the shit off them OS is looking better

need to remove the battery tray as its buggered[/b]

Comment

Hmmm... doesn`t look too bad mate... But i would say that!
                      What you got planned for it. Origional or you fitting anythin different?

Comment

Did some more today took oof the cone and found loads of waxoyl good thing maybe but I had not been put behind the headlamp support brackets and so found rust in the front panel

the rest of the panel seems very strong

and then I decided to have a clean of the brake servo and am very please with the results
                        this

from this

Comment

keep plodding on

RSkars

Comment

keep up the hard work

Comment

cheers fellas its now getting depressing here

took the drivers wing off today without distortion and was pleasently suprised at what was lurking behind all quite solid more than can be said for the top wing rail

when I started removing the sealer from the a post I actually found bright shiney new metal, saved all those years be sealer and waxoyl

got my manifold back after sand blasting and the light supports blasted and powered coated nice. the servo supprt bracket back to and it looks like new

Comment

Working...
                              X