Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest pics of my resto

From This

To this in 4 months been a drag but worth it. Only had to weld cracked seat mount. absolutely no rot,

Ready for dove grey between chassis rails and heavy textured underbody sealer on sills and inside wheelarches
    sigpic

Nice! Unortunately you'll find now that, if the body has been vertically on its side for 4 months without the doors in, it will no longer be 'square' when you upright it. You'll most likely also now have a crease line in the roof just between the 'B' Pillars.

only joking! Like the roller set-up. Self made?

Comment

Blood pressure rose slightly until i got to bottom of page, lol lol
      Roll jig self made so it would fit inside garage

sigpic

Comment

Nice bit of work there. Will look superb when completed. Love the jig. Did all mine without one even though I have one in my garege!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next time I will know better.
        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

NICE ONE,pmsl @ drew
          sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

Nice one i bet your glad the cleaning is finished, looks mint. Nice jig as well.
            sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

good job coming on well

dasadrew you are a nasty git LOL

Comment

looking good :cyclops:

Comment

looks like this now
                  sigpic

Comment

was that blasted etc & primed by you???? looking well

Comment

All done by myself took 4 months,scraped underseal off by hand,used wire wheels on end of electric drill to remove the rest,then blasted the rusty pits,then zinc ptimed,then filled any pits with high bulid primer,then flattened,then primed again,still to be flattened once more before top coat.
                      Wore out 2 electric drills and umpteen wire wheels doing it.
                      PHEW !
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrwatt
                        All done by myself took 4 months,scraped underseal off by hand,used wire wheels on end of electric drill to remove the rest,then blasted the rusty pits,then zinc ptimed,then filled any pits with high bulid primer,then flattened,then primed again,still to be flattened once more before top coat.
                        Wore out 2 electric drills and umpteen wire wheels doing it.
                        PHEW !
                        Yep. Been there and got the T-shirt too! Nice to hear of someone else whose idea of doing a resto is more than going through the yellow pages!

Comment

I know what you mean about wearing stuff out, was on my fourth B & Q hot air gun, they started getting fed up with me, kept taking back guns covered in underseal and crap, i kept smiling and they kept obliging,

Comment

Yea i know what you mean running at 3 angle grinders on mine and not finished
                            sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Doved grey now

My mate has just finished the dove grey underside, looks mint

car now upright again for wings to be fitted
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X