Pinto restoral.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinto restoral.

Have already started but thought I would show it in its present state.

And obviously there's a bit missing.................

Unfortunately the donor didn't make it though the operation!!

We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Good luck mate
    My mk2 has gone

Comment

that cortina is some age

Comment

Looks like a rare 2 door MKIII to me !!
        cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

It is.................SAVE IT
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

poor tina :albino:

Comment

It is a MKIII, not sure of what age but it is DEAD. The good lord himself, (Boyd Coddington), couldn't get this lady to rise up.

If anyone wants it I'll stick it in the post. Wouldn't be to hard as most of the shell would bag up.

I don't think this car has been garaged since it rolled out of the factory in the mid seventies.

Still a very nice car tho. Quite Starsky and Hutch in a strange sad way.

Comment

My friend's Cortina (actually he's a mechanic)

My mk2 has gone

Comment

what spec is the engine gonna be ?
                  sigpic

Comment

Bog standard to start. I don't want to put a lot of effort into a block that I don't know anything about. So it's just a restoral, then run it for a period to see if it's up to anything.

With engines, I believe, you either go the whole hog or leave it alone.

For example, is it worth putting on a set of 44's without changing the cam. Then is worth doing those without putting in bigger valves, changing the head completely, then could you do all that and expect the standard pistons to take the strain, before you know it the only original bit left is the block.

And as it's an old 20 block I don't want to kill it.

Does anyone think that you can alter an engine significantly by just changing a cam or a carb or do you believe that engine mods are a chain reaction?

Comment

As you say once you start you should really go the whole way...im going to with mine
                      sigpic

Comment

Gave the pistons a gentle scub and they're not too bad. All original so far.

Ground the valves as I had the chance, new seals and on she goes nicely torqued

Will separate the engine and gearbox now and sort out the clutch and the core plug down the back.

Pull off the sump and tidy the block up.

I think that's what'll happen next.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM
                          Looks like a rare 2 door MKIII to me !!
                          Definately a rare two door Mk III Tina. Just hope some of their owners club boys don't come on here or you'll be lynched pushrod!!

Chris.

More of Banishit's Handywork!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisbo
                            Just hope some of their owners club boys don't come on here or you'll be lynched pushrod!!
                            .... more likely tortured with the comfy chair, soft cushion and carpet slippers!

Comment

Engine now on the bench. The core plug behind the flywheel looked ok until I stuck a screwdriver into it and it was wafer thin.

Gave the engine as good a clean as you can without blasting. All grease, grime and build up removed.

Isy wisy lets get busy................

Loking better for that but wether it sticks to the block long term or with the heat I just don't know. This engine is turning out to be more of an experament than anything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X