my new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new project

decieded to join the mk2 gang heres the new toy i just bought for £550 quid needs a few bits hopefully start on it soon

www.l-v-l.co.uk
    Car recovery and transport

www.l-v-l.co.uk

Comment

Lots to get going on there !!!!

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

that looks like a good solid car m8....
        keep the pics coming we love a good restore....
        sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

that looks a pretty good shell from those pictures, it was not in N.I by any chance was it ?

Comment

Floopin' 'eck! I've seldom seen such a good looking shell as it all appears to be original and unwelded. I reckon the wheels alone are probably worth half what you paid!

What's the plan? restoration or conversion?

If the shell is really as original as it appears without tacked on repair panels (and that seems to be the case) I'd be very tempted to go the originality concourse route. PLEASE don't start chopping and wide-arching such a beautiful shell! :flower:

(your decision in the end, though)

Comment

yeah, looks like not too much to have to weld there! i like the james bond extra long wheel studs for slicing adjacent cars in half, and i have never seen a gas strut holding a bonnet up before?? good luck on the build!

Comment

Looks a good shell mate especially for the money

Comment

We sell those gas bonnet struts. Usually end up on Golfs. Looks like a bargain you have there. Agree with the rest, If it's an original shell don't cut it about.
                  Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

there is a down side no interior with the car and there are some bits missing here and but got most of the esstentials the biggest pain is no nuts or bolts why do people lose theses things thank god for ebay !!!

cheeRS

tony
                    www.l-v-l.co.uk

Comment

there is a man thats does the bolts for the rs2000 they are not the best but if you need some then you need them
                      if not darren moss has got every bolt you need second hand if thats any good....
                      sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

this is basically what i got see the pictures not much but i though the shell was ok so went for it :compress:

also has a nice rebuilt and un ran 205 2.0 block in it dont much about these engines but was told that would be good and it has a 5 speed box

www.l-v-l.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tonypastie
                          there is a down side no interior with the car and there are some bits missing here and but got most of the esstentials the biggest pain is no nuts or bolts why do people lose theses things thank god for ebay !!!

cheeRS

tony
                          Unfortunately the 'essentials' are the easy bits to get hold of! LOL! Try getting a custom driver's side parcel shelf though!

I would be sorely tempted to trawl eBay for an MOT failure, too much rust, dented, patched up, RS with all of the interior intact and then do some mating.

Comment

I am on the case been offered a complete rs2000 thats rotten awaiting pictures as we speak
                            www.l-v-l.co.uk

Comment

Brilliant! BTW, has it got a 5-Speed?

Comment

Working...
                              X